“Excellent sushi” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tomo Sushi

Tomo Sushi
Ranked #668 of 3,328 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Grill, Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Description: Sushi and grill restaurant
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Excellent sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant is clean and modern with friendly staff and a nice cosy atmosphere.
We ordered a selection of sushi and also hot dishes. The sushi was of an excellent standard with well cut, super fresh fish and the hot dishes were tasty and satisfying.
It was a little pricey but definitely worth it. I wouldn't hesitate to go back and would recommend it.

2 Thank niniboo

Karlsruhe
“Food was of ok quality, but be prepared to wait for tables”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

It was our first night in Amsterdam, and we wanted to try out some sushi. My husband found the restaurant online and the comments seemed good. We arrived at 9-ish on a Friday evening, and we were told that there were no available tables (the kitchen closed at 10pm). The staff suggested that we could walk around and return in 15-30 minutes. When we returned, we had to wait for a further 10-20 minutes before we're seated. So I would suggest reserving a table beforehand.
We had high expectations from the comments we've read, but the chirashi menu and the sushi set weren't that extraordinary. I'd say that the fish were fresh and of good quality, but that would be expected at any sushi restaurant.

2 Thank yuyu1208
Morges, Switzerland
“Amazing sushi place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

This place is one of the best place I ever had sushis. I was used to visit Tokyo Cafe during my stays in Amsterdam however during the last years they have really lost quality and therefore any interest so during my last visit I went on Trip Advisor to look for sushi alternatives and decided to give Tomo a try since it was seeming to stand out and the only negative aspect seemed to be the price.

Of course quality has a price but the quality of the food is just exceptional. I will for sure return there during my next trips to Amsterdam. I have only one other place in mind which could compete with those sushis it's the Heat Bar from Radisson Blu in Berlin but it was so long time ago that I'm not sure it was even comparable...

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank SchneckCH
Vienna, Austria
“best sushi in Amsrerdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

The best sushi restaurant in town . Simple style japanese atmosphere and delicious fresh food :))) We are really like it !

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank Yana T
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“mouse behind the counter”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My wife and I literally saw a mouse behind the counter while coming in. The reaction of the waiter was to deny it and throw us out of the restaurant.

• Visited October 2013