“Nice food, friendly staff, lively atmosphere”

Bird Thai Restaurant
Ranked #180 of 4,085 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Thai
Neighborhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Taken here by a colleague, and realise I have eaten in their snackbar before.

Nice food, a decent Tom Ka Gai, quite sweet but flavoursome. Also they do North Eastern Thai food, which I really like. I had Laab and sticky rice, which was very good.

We sat upstairs and it has a nice atmosphere, plus the staff were very friendly and helpful. Not too pricey, overall a pleasant thai meal.

Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

We were told that it would be no wait and ok for 7.00 pm no problem
But it was a problem
Crazy idiot system of waiting
Not good for tables of +6
We only needed 2 and it was an hour wait in an entranceway
Plan accordingly

Reviewed December 3, 2013

First night in Amsterdam and I could ask for a better place to start my adventure: Bird! I friend of mine told me that it could take a while to get a seat because its always crowded but the time we awaited was worthed. Great meal, fantastic food. A must when in A'dam!

Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

This is in my opinion one of the best Thai restaurants in whole of Amsterdam .. Food is great! It really is only make shure you make reservations a couple of days before because There Will be no way youll get a spot when you didnt,food is great and the owner is always there, thats something that gives me a good feeling, the prices are OKE! You Will Pay around 15/20 euro's for a dish but it is worth it it really is if you'd like quality.. This is the Thai thing for you! I really enjoyed it and. Im coming back for shure !

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We really enjoyed our meal here. There was a small queue when we arrived but it moved quickly ? We soon could see why it was so popular. The food is Cheap, fast and fantastic. I had the chicken with cashew nuts which was delicious. My husband had a chilli and basil red curry which was amazing.

Highly recommend.