“Very nice place”

Bird Thai Restaurant
Ranked #376 of 4,315 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Thai
Neighborhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Great food, especially if you like spicy food!
The restaurant is cozy and always crowded. The service is very fast and they can accommodate you in less than 15 minutes.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,730)

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Very good Thai food. Fast service. Tasty dishes. Might be a little caotic, but who cares.
Value for money.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

The American people that I met in Brussels asked me if I liked Thai food, my reply was that I had told them that I love it.
Then they highly recommended the Thais Snackbar Bird in Amsterdam.
I would have to say that this was probably the best Thai food that I ever had.
Even better than anything that I had experienced even in N.Y.C.
Went solo at this restaurant.
Wish that I had sampled some other dishes, but big and hardy dishes.
Not complaining but way too much food for one person.
Go back in a heartbeat.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Just amazing. Busy, bustling but brilliant. The whole place runs like clockwork. The staff move in to clear a table for the next customers like a formula one team changing tyres at a pit stop. No messing, BOOM you're in!
The food is crazy good, I had the tom ka kai soup which was beautiful, the flavours were incredible. I then had beef massaman curry which was a delight. My partner had prawn parcels to start and then prawn pad thai. He loved them both. Portions are generous so make sure you are hungry. The only thing I wasn't too keen on was the wild rice it came with, I think I'd ask for coconut rice next time.
We've been a few times before and everytime it's just great. Be prepared to queue for a table (as I don't think they take bookings) but as I say, it's totally worth it!

1  Thank Cheruba35
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Went to the snack bar finally, on many visits we ate at new king down the road and were amazed at the line at the Thai bird snack bar. Finally an evening there was no line, we were seated immediately and our food arrived in 10 minutes. Very catering for vegetarians with shellfish allergies, no problems whatsoever and the food was absolutely fabulous. We had two generous dishes and something to drink, all for about 23€. Outside of Thailand, I can say this is the best thai food I have ever had.