“Nice Öl k”
Review of Sichuan Food

Sichuan Food
Reserve with
Sichuan Food is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #813 of 4,096 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Nice food Nice Atmosphäre i enjoy here. Food are really tasty staff are polite..but the price is little much higher than what we expect....but ok recommendable.....hope everyone will enjoy....cheers

Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is the only restaurant that I repeatedly visit after having lived in Amsterdam for two years. We have tried most things on the menu and have never been disappointed. It's also great value for money. The standout dish there is the peking duck, which even my "discerning" parents from Hong Kong are very complimentary of. Décor is not its strong point but go for the excellent food and service. Being of Chinese descent, this is my little haven for good Chinese food given the limited options available in continental Europe.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I would recommend this restaurant - a bit different from your average Chinese restaurant. Sichuan food is slightly more spicy but really tasty - we had a set menu for 30 euros each and really enjoyed it. The owner was helpful in discussing how spicy we wanted the food to be. My only problem was that I has salmon which was not cooked in the middle - they replaced it without question but did make the comment that I should have asked for it 'well done' - well this was raw in the middle so I'm afraid they lost a star for that comment - however all in all the food was delightful and I would certainly go back again.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Meeting some friends so chose the banquet. Excellent food with attentive service. Each course served separately so food hot and fresh. Very good prawns.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Recommanded by the staff at the nearby Ambassade Hotel, we found this quiet, clean establishment to be quite satisfying if you have a well padded wallet. The tasty hot and sour soup costs 7 Euros. In Toronto's Chinatown, we could have had a huge bowl for the same price. Nice red house wine was 35 Euros ans so on and so forth. The chicken and beef dishes were tender but lacking punch. Service was efficient but on the cool side.

1  Thank Torontonian54