“Great place”
Review of Seasons Restaurant

Seasons Restaurant
Reserve with
Seasons Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #219 of 4,361 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Reviewed December 22, 2013

This restaurant was just around the corner from our hotel. It was not busy but the waiter was very friendly and made us very welcome. Had the two course menu. I had the duck salad followed by salmon. Absolutely delicious. Would suggest anyone visiting Amsterdam gives it a try.

1  Thank Jackie H
Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear Jackie,

Thanks for the kind review you wrote here on TripAdvisor. We are glad to here that it was a nice evening aand that you enjoyed yourself.

We do hope that you make it back to see us again soon.

Happy Holidays,

Blaine

Write a ReviewReviews (1,493)

Reviewed December 21, 2013

My wife and I traveled most of the day from Stuttgart to Amsterdam. After a wrong turn from the Central Station to our hotel we passed Season's along the way. We stayed at Sebastian's and they had Season's listed on their preferred restaurants list. I looked them up on the internet and the menu looked interesting and reasonably priced. There was mention that the chef was from Texas. I was thinking a Texan in Amsterdam with a restaurant with food selections like a Shrimp Boil and I thought that works for me. The best part was they offered a two for one early bird special. I emailed them for an early reservation and they said come on over. It was a delightful experience. As other reviewers have said the Shrimp Boil was a treat. The plate overflowed with shrimp, corn and potatoes. Me wife had a chicken dish that was wonderful. We spilt the special two ways that gave us a salad and desert to share. It was pretty incredible the amount of food we got for the price and all of it was very good. Thanks, Season's, for a memorable experience.

1  Thank Joe C

Dear Joe,

THanks for yor review, We realise that perhaps it has been awhile since you were with us, but we are really glad to hear that you still took the time to post a reply here.

I do not often let people know I am from Texas as afraid they will just think we have BBQ and Hamburgers, dishes that I rarely prepare in the restaurant, but sometimes I have to let my roots take hold. The Shrimp Boil, which is only on durinng the summer months, is one of those dishes. As a boy, mom would make this dish and throw it out on a newpaper covered picnic table for us to enjoy with no cutlery or plates in site. Still do that at home, but refined the dish a little for the restaurant.

We still do offer our 2 for 1 early bird special and it is a good deal as you mentioned.

Thanks again for the time and hope you make it back to see us again,

Happy Holidays

Reviewed December 16, 2013

The food was simply but superbly cooked, Naomi the young waitress was efficiënt, attentive without being obtrussive. The 2 for 1 early bird a bonus. All in all 5 star.

1  Thank George H

Dear George,

Thanks for your kind comment. We love to hear that our restaurant and food are good, but what we really love to hear is a title like yours...."Noemi the waaitress is a gem!"

Thanks and hope to see you again.

KInd regards

Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

I can't ever visit Amsterdam without paying a visit to Seasons. As you can see from my previous reviews going back a few years I've never had a bad experience here.
Peter and Blaine are the perfect hosts, really welcoming and I find the cosy ambience of the restaurant a real plus point. The food has always been consistently good. This time round the surf and turf was even better than a couple of months ago. Perfectly cooked beef, a lovely mushroom sauce, wonderful pastry and of course their famous fireshrimp and basil mash.
As usual we opted for 3 courses, and as usual it was money well spent!
I look forward to seeing you both in February.

Dear Mark,

Thanks again for your posting another positive reply. They are always appreciated. I must admit we do have to try to get something else on the menu that you are so fond of...that "fire shrimp" just keeps coming back up.

Happy Holidays and look forward to more good chats and meals in 2014!

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Went there by chance. It was raining, and the place we wanted to visit was full. Quick look at the tripadvisor app sent us there, because it was very nearby, and ranked high. It's a little place, less than ten tables. A very friendly service, very nice food and not so expensive. We enjoyed it a lot.

1  Thank Lior C
Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Dear Lior,

Thanks for your kind review here on TripAdvisor and glad we topped off your Amsterdam experience..

You summed us up well, but I have to admit we do have more than 10 tables.

Hope you can make it back again soon.

Kind regards,