“Lovely Thanksgiving dinner”

Seasons Restaurant
Ranked #90 of 3,814 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Dutch, European
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
London, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely Thanksgiving dinner”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I'll admit I'm a bit biased since I live right around the corner and am a regular but Seasons does a delightful Thanksgiving dinner in the same manner as their usual amazing fare. The jams they served along with the bread and cranberry sauce were particular high-points. Seasons has the atmosphere of a comfortable local restaurant (not the least pretentious) yet serving out of this world food. Amazing variety, always changing and inventive menu, and lovely staff. Highly recommend Seasons for anyone visiting or living in Amsterdam.

1 Thank Larry D
Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Larry,

Thanks for your kind Thanksgiving Review here on TripAdvisor.

There have been a few reviews about Thanksgiving, but we really appreciate that you point out that we also have "amazing fare" throughout the year. This year I have taken on a "hobby" on the side of pickling and preserving and featured them also in the Thanksgiving meal.

Your last two lines sums us up well and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Happy Holidays,

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Costa Mesa
“An American Thanksgiving in Amsterdam”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I can't speak to their usual menu but, if Thanksgiving dinner is any indicator, this is some of the best food you will find in Amsterdam. We went their because of their tripadvisor rating and couldn't have been happier. They had three sittings, one at noon and two in the evening. We took the noon spot and it was great. I chose pumpkin and coconut soup and beet root salad with the main course a traditional plate of smoked turkey, mashed potatoes, yams, spinach soufflé, green beans...all prepared to perfection. Throw in a bottle of Alsatian Riesling and a Heineken and it was one great Thanksgiving dinner.

Blaine creates the magic in the kitchen while Peter runs a highly efficient front end. The entire experience was a blast with two great hosts who really care about their restaurant.

1 Thank Weedspay
Dear Weedspay,

Thanks for your kind review here on TripAdvisor for other guests to read.

You seemed to sum up the day very well.

Loved your last line...."the entire experience was a blast with great hosts who really care about their restaurant."

Thanks again and hope you make it back!

Happy Holidays,

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Another fantastic meal at Seasons!”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Dinner here is consistently a great dining experience. From the nice atmosphere, friendly service and solid menu options this is my go-to place for dinner out. I have brought friends, family and business associates to dine here on various occasions and all have raved about the food and service. The appetizer, entree and dessert deals cannot be beat. And, the Chef's imaginative combinations with tastes and textures consistently surprise and delight.
I am definitely glad we found Seasons.

1 Thank KimberlyL1013KX
Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear KimberlyL.

Thanks for your review here on TripAdvisor.

Yes you have dined with us on a few occasions and always with new people. Thanks for spreading the word.

While you were here on Thanksgiving you mentioned you had informed your mother in the USA, who has dined with us before, that you all were spending the meal with us. Her reply was that she knew you were good hands. I must admit that was one of the nicest compliments I have heard in while. Thanks!

As you mentioned ..."from the nice atmosphere, friendly service and solid menu options this is my go-to place for dinner out"..we hope more people find it as a "go-to" place!

Hope to see you again soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best Thanksgiving Meal Ever (in Amsterdam)”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Perhaps the best meal ever!! The is was just the main course (Baked Ham & Roasted Turkey, baked sweet potato, mashed potato, pesto string beans, sauteed spinach with dried cranberries, and slaw of shredded brussel sprouts in a ginger dressing) in a 5 course dinner Preceded by coconut pumpkin soup , butternut ricotta tart salad, and goat cheese stuffed figs wrapped in Serrano ham, and then followed by a dessert plate with 5 desserts - panna cotta with raspberry sauce, mincemeat pie, pumpkin pie, roasted pear with mascarpone cream, and ) . Amazing!

• Visited November 2013
Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Dear Apritchard,

Thanks for your kind review here on TripAdivsor.

As I have lived abroad for over 25 years, this is the one Holiday that I miss all those good home treats. A few tweets here and there we have now been holding the event in Season's for over 8 years and we have all found that this is one of the most enjoyable days to work with each other and guests.

Glad to here you enjoyed it and that you got a little piece of home cooking while in Amsterdam!

Happy Holidays!

Mila, Virginia
“Surprised and pleased”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My friend and I always look for the best place to eat at the best value we can find... this restaurant is definitely a front runner. We chose the 3 course option and each one was excellent! I had the scallops 3 ways and the mix was unusual, delicious, and intriguing. The nut crust was especially unusual and very good. I wanted bread to sop up all the great sauces! I had rabbit as the 2nd and am sure this guy never did much in the wild (sorry if that is politically incorrect). The dish was delicious and the rabbit fell off the bone. My partner had the pea soup and was delighted - but it was extremely filling and hearty - beware if you bring a small appetite - you may run out of room before the 3rd course :-). He had the wild boar sausage for his second and it was also wonderful. It was one of a few times when we declared that we both won! My only criticism of the meal was with the cream brulee ... the creme was wonderful and they lit it tableside which was dramatic and fun - I prefer my brulee a little thicker however. There is something satisfying about taping the brulee and having it crack. This was too thin for that.

Overall.. this was a wonderful meal at a really affordable price. I will definitely be returning the next time I go to Amsterdam!!!

• Visited November 2013
Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear PamalaattheRiver, ( Let me guess where you live...)

Thanks so much for your kind and constructive review here on TripAdvisor for other travelers to read.

Yes the scallops are back nutty, herbal, and garlicky are truly a match made in heaven and yes be sure to ask for extra bread. The Dutch Pea Soup is a traditional dish that does warm one up for the winter. And yes you are probably right about the rabbit, but we do not go there!

As for your comment we will work on that, a little more crust should be possible.

Thanks and again for your comment and we look forward to seeing you again soon!