“Just go!”
Review of Seasons Restaurant

Seasons Restaurant
Reserve with
Seasons Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #211 of 4,304 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Food was superb and the service was impeccable from the greeting upon entering and taking our coats and umbrellas to meeting the owner/chef on leaving. Every course was delicious and more than ample. The risotto was filled with fresh veggies. The onion tart was to die for. The inside out beef Wellington, surf an turf,and the cornish hen were all fantastic. With no room for desert we forced a banoffee dessert that made you want to lick the plate. Oh, by the way, we loved the restaurant. Just go!

1  Thank pirata21
Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Dear Pirata21,

Thanks so much for your review, and your title says it all!.

We do or best to give service that guests want and good food, all at a reasonable price. The way you described the food you even made me hungry and I'm cooking there almost everyday!

We sure hope you make it back if you return to Amsterdam.

Blaine

Write a ReviewReviews (1,491)

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We happened on Seasons because it was next door to the restaurant we ate at our first night in Amsterdam (Max) and enjoyed Seasons so much we went back again the next night. It was around the corner from our hotel which made it seem like our very own neighborhood restaurant. Our first visit was on a quiet Monday. Tuesday was more lively. The tables were fairly close but we had lively chats with our dining neighbors comparing notes about our travels. The service was attentive. We had reservations both nights and it seemed to be preferred although couples coming in around 7-7:30 did not have problems getting seated. Our total came to 71 euros and 80+ euros including wine/beer.
The menu is priced for 2 or 3 courses or you could go a la carte. We opted for the 2-course and did not have room for dessert. Maybe next trip! They start you out with a plate of wonderful olives and warm bread. My husband had the same items both nights - the eggplant salad and the Inside Out Beef Wellington. He ate every bit and loved the sauce. I had the scallops 3 ways as a starter followed by the beef with bucatini. The scallops were amazing. The beef was also quite nice. I had the shrimp/crab/fava bean salad and cornish hen the second night. They were also tasty but I liked my first night's choices better. The salad was quite large and filling. I checked their webs site and they had many more menu choices in the restaurant than are listed on the site. There was something for every taste. Portions were ample.
We would definitely recommend Seasons to others.

Dear LGAretired,

Thanks so much for your kind review here on Trip Advisor for other guests to see!

We often find many people who return to the restaurant for another meal while in Amsterdam, sometimes even more than twice. You do mention one reason we think that this happens...that being that we offer so many choices in our menu ( and of course we try to provide good food and good service).

As you said...."there was something for every taste".

Again thanks for the review and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I took my mom here during a weekend trip. It was a long walk from our accommodation but I said it would be worth it given the trip advisor reviews. I had 3 courses, a goats cheese filo pastry tart (ok), then tried the aubergine main course with tomatoes and cheese (plain), thankfully the Italian pudding in a jar - cream, caramel and a biscuit base was delicious. My mom enjoyed her cod with mash and ice cream pudding. With drinks it came to about €100. It was not worth the money. Also there was a smelly dog in the restaurant begging under the tables and we were crammed in there was not much space. We were never asked if we enjoyed our meal. Save your money and go elsewhere.

1  Thank suzanneb933
Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

As we see with many reviews they are personal. I can see by looking at your other reviews price is quiet important, and I have to say that we are quite in line with prices in Amsterdam. Also by your other restaurant review for the city, also one of our favorite places to eat, I am not sure what you mean by crammed as it has the same situation, but it is cheap.

As for your food, we do not have a goat cheese tart on the menu, we have a "Blue Cheese and Sweet Onion Tart with Watercress", if you were expecting Goats Cheese and write about it I do not really understand "Ok". The Aubergine Main Course..." Grilled Aubergine Parmesan" is what it is, however we have tried to spice it up with Italian Peppers, Olives and Fontina Cheese ( not at all plain.)

As for your mom's dishes, glad she enjoyed the cod and the Ice Cream Pudding....though we do not have any "Ice Cream Pudding" on the menu"?"

You also mention that you saw the TripAdvisor Reviews, and that is why you came to our restaurant. Well the dog ( I will not use your adjective as I disagree) is mentioned on many reviews so not sure how you missed it. We also remove her ( and mention that) when guests mention her...Did you ask her to be removed?

I am surprised that you were not asked about your meal as our staff are very professional and do ask about meals, but I will mention it to them.

While we appreciate TripAdvisor reviews, we also feel that details should be correct when posted on the internet and I am very glad that TripAdvisor gives us the opportunity to correct any inconsistency with reviews for other TripAdvisor guests.

Regards

Reviewed April 19, 2013

What a great meal we had at Seasons. We were well looked after - and considered ourselves very lucky as it was Friday night and we did not have a reservation (it was very early!)

Others have mentioned the mushroom risotto (with camembert and rosemary) which was so good I have had my own go at it. It was also very generous, but I was hungry! I went on to have surf and turf, with the inside out beef wellington (think about it - not as good as a "normal one" I'm afraid, but still v tasty).

We sat in the window, surrounded by amazing flowers. The staff were really friendly and helpful and we had a lovely night.

Dear JamesAnnalover,

Thanks for taking time to post a review here on TripAdvisor for other guests here to see.

Glad to hear that you felt you were looked after....and yes it has gotten busy, but if you are early..it still is possible to walk in.

We have changed our menu since you have been,and we have a "lighter" risotto on the menu. The "Surf and Turf" is still there tho..... As for the Inside-Out Beef Wellington, I might have to agree with you that a "Normal One" is better....but still "tasty as you said!

Hope you make it back and we see you again soon!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Trip Advisor sure is a great site for info, We are traveling with our parents and we were looking for something that was reasonably priced and had a local / fresh menu, We found both at Seasons, the food was amazing, the server was a young lady who was very pleasant. Every one of our choices were tasty and fresh, The owner does have a dog that roams around and it is odd for most people to see a dog in a restaurant but It is very cute and an old dog.

They do have a special promo for early bird dinners and although we took advantage of this the prices are very reasonable at the regular rate and although we got there early there was no pressure to rush us through our meal. 5 Stars ***** keep up the great work!

1  Thank Fedd705

Dear Fedd705,

Thanks for taking time to post a review here on TripAdvisor for other guests to see.

The site is good at giving a general overview of places to do and see when travelling, letting you make the final decision...thus the name "tripadvisor".

We were glad to hear that we got the two things that are important in the business correct.....very pleasant service, amazing food at reasonable prices.

Yes Roxy does make it with us still occasionally with us, but she does get a little older.

Again thanks for your comments and we will "keep up the great work"?