“Wonderful Dinner”
Review of Sea Palace

Sea Palace
Reserve with
Sea Palace is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #329 of 4,143 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centrum
Reviewed August 25, 2014

We ate a very late dinner here one evening, ordering from the prix-fixe menu. The staff was friendly and efficient; our waiter was also kind enough to include a fourth entree, free of charge, within our dinner. It is a bit on the expensive side, but worth the money. The decor is really unique and the views, on a clear evening, are very pretty as the sun is setting.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,872)

Reviewed August 25, 2014

Although this is a majestic looking building as its name suggests "Sea Palace", the food was far from being majestic. The restaurant gets very crowded, and it has nice decor both on inside and outside. The portion sizes are generous however the food was quite tasteless and had no flavour. We were very disappointed as our meal for my husband and I cost about 80 Euros. The menu is VERY limited if you are a vegetarian and there is no flexibility from the chef either. Orders also takes a while to arrive. Cocktails are of average quality. I would not recommend this restaurant,and it certainly isn't worth coming to dine here unless you fancy paying money for just sitting in a fancy building. Bottom line - Don't eat here!

Reviewed August 21, 2014

You will see this building on your canal tours of Amsterdam. They will cruse close so you can get good pictures in the setting sun. Please let this be the closest you get to this restaurant. That is all want to say just DO NOT GO. If you must go because you don't have any will power and the building calls you, chose a beer at the bar of their many available options (one).

1  Thank Rich L
Reviewed August 21, 2014

The decor of the restaurant is incredible, I shall give them that. It is evident they have spent a lot of time and money trying to make the place look the part.
However, a restaurant should be examined on it's food and service, and both of these were highly disappointing during my visit.
I actually felt unwell the next day after eating my dinner here. I would never go back and I would not recommend others to go either.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

From outside the place looks amazing, inside its looks even more beautiful and impressive. We go to second floor to get a lunch.
Me and my girlfriend took combo meal for two person, the waitress was very helpful, we order soup, rice, duck, beef, dim sum, shrimps and dessert.
Everything was very tasty and perfect made but the portion was small and very very expensive.
I'm enjoyed and i recommend this unique restaurant.

1  Thank Bughuul