“Like going home”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sabor Latino Peru - CLOSED

Sabor Latino Peru
Dining options: Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Like going home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2008

I found this place by chance when cycling through the city. I was a few weeks in to my (so far) 3yr stay in Amterdam. I was really beginning to miss mom’s home cooking when I happened on Latino Peru. It’s a small restaurant with 2 sides. The left side is the restaurant side and the right is the bar area. Both serve the complete menu.

Walking in is like walking into a little bit of Peru. The smells and decorations transport me back to my grandma’s kitchen. It is run by a Peruvian family where the mom is the expert in the kitchen. The menu included classic Peruvian dishes such as ceviche, aji de gallina, bistek a lo pobre. All have happily satisfied my Peruvian taste buds.

I highly recommend the ceviche.

I’ll admit service is a bit slow but it’s the same in most of Holland. Oh and the Pisco Sours are a must!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Food is quite good, but...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2008

Food is quite good, but the service is a bit on the slow side.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Food is good; service is...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2008

Food is good; service is terrible. And it's really cold in the winter!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I never liked chicken but the aji de galiina was so good. We want to go again...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2007