“Fine” 3 of 5 stars

Rose's Cantina
Ranked #1,178 of 3,332 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Mexican, South American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
United Kingdom
“Fine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I visited 5 years ago and loved it. Best mexican ever and was really looking forward to going back but when I returned last week I didn't recognise it. It has had a massive makeover and is much bigger. Still dark and cosy but not so charming or busy. Lots of empty seats but were sat right next to other people so felt like we had to talk quietly. Menu had very few options on it for mains which was disappointing. The food was fine but I wouldn't go back again unless there were lots more options to choose from. Staff were all brilliant.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars

• Greek first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Whaaaat??????”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Music so bloody loud that it made talking impossible. This despite asking for it to be tuned down. We were at dinner with a group of eight and couldn't hear the person next to us. Get a grip, Rose. I'm sure your customers want to talk over a nice meal, not have to leave the place hoarse from having to shout.

Visited February 2014
Wien, Österreich
“Good Cocktails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I decided spontaneously to take a drink there. We had a Bombay gin tonic and a lemongrass Collins - both were absolutely delicious and for a reasonable price. The place seemed very full but the staff was friendly and helpful. First we were seated at the bar but some minutes later we got the chance to sit at the table. It is a very good place to have a couple of drinks or even eat something at night.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Really lovely place great food and cocktails”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I went to this restaurand my second night in Amsterdam and it was really busy(it was saturday night) , and I tried my luck to get a table and it was after 9pm and the manager said no problem and after 5 minutes we got our table and I've said that I had the Amsterdam card so if we could get a special menus and discount and the guy said that are not in that offer anymore since the start of 2013 and after noticed that we were a bit dissappointed he offered us a 15% and we were so happy about it!!! So we order some tortillas and I had the burger and my girlfriend a lamb that was perfectly cooked ( I am a Chef) and we really enjoyed the time in there so def I will back here in my next visit to Amsterdam.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Quick meal and cocktail before the movie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

A colleague of mine recommended Rose's Cantina. I went her with a friend for a quick bite before visiting the movie. The staff was very friendly, took our coats and helped us quickly since we had to catch a movie.

We shared a plate of nachos and ordered the burger and enchilada, we both enjoyed the food. I also really enjoyed the Old Fashioned Whisky Cocktail that I ordered, it was a little piece of art and tasted like it should. Good to find out that there still are some restaurants that know how to prepare cocktails.

• Visited January 2014