“Love this place!”
Review of Rakang

Rakang
Reserve with
Rakang is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #188 of 4,188 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Jordaan
Reviewed April 26, 2014

A bit noisy, but wow, what great food, wonderful service, and fun local crowd! Loved the fish dishes, and they made things nice and spicy for me and mild for my spouse. Servers could not have been more attentive.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

When i come to Amsterdam, always do my best to have a nice dinner in this lovely restaurant. Last time came with good friends from Spain, and we all enjoyed. Really good the starters (i always have the fish cakes, but my friends asked the coconut soup with chicken). Then we shared duck (amazing) and chicken with red curry. Deserts really good too. Lovely ambient, funny decoration and excellent service. I really recomend the experience

1  Thank FrasquetA
Reviewed March 13, 2014

One of my go-to restaurants when my palate is craving for authentic thai spicy taste. Menu has options different from run-of-the-mill thai menus. Great service. I have always gone there without reservation and even though busy- have never minded waiting for sometime for a table.
In addition to the food I like the staff and the ambience.

1  Thank ana16Ntherlands
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Visited on a busy Saturday night after making reservations.
Staff very efficient and friendly, good atmosphere.
Best Tom Yam soup I've had anywhere inc Asia, and top Masman curry.
Went as a group where everyone was very pleased with the experience.
Like the corny Tie's inset under the glass table cover and the original wall art.

1  Thank johno234
Reviewed March 2, 2014

While in Amsterdam, when there is a zillion places to dine, we chose to eat at Rakang two times during our stay. Service is excellent, chardonnay good, dinner just awesome. Everything about this place is so good, makes for return visits everytime we are in Amsterdam. Hot tea service is cool.