“Shortbread covered with chocolate.”
Review of Puccini Bomboni

Puccini Bomboni
Ranked #19 of 120 Dessert in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Centrum
Description: Puccini Bomboni pursues perfection for you, each and every day. Tasting that single chocolate, your visit to one of the shops: everything should exceed your expectations. On the Staalstraat you can even see our kitchen crew in action. The purchase of your box of chocolates is completed with a miniature booklet containing information on your selection. This will enable you to choose carefully at home and help you make a selection for your next visit. Puccini Bomboni is dedicated to provide each customer with the best chocolate experience ever!
Reviewed July 15, 2019

When I'm back in Amsterdam, I'll head to Puccini Bomboni to buy their shortbread covered with chocolate. Ah, how I wish I could buy them in the USA!

Date of visit: July 2019
Louis_Puccini, Manager at Puccini Bomboni, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2019

Hi Marga,

Thank you for taking the time to review Puccini Bomboni! We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and the chocolate shortbread was one your highlights.

We also wish we were able to connect all of our North American fans with their favorite Puccini chocolate, but at this point in time that is still not possible.

We look forward to welcoming you into one of our shops during your next visit.

Kind regards,
Louis

Write a reviewReviews (418)

Reviewed July 13, 2019

each one cost about 4euros or so but they are very large portions
I had pecan and marzipan and rum and coffee flavour. The taste is just delicious..the whole place is air conditioned so its lovely and cool. there are special offers on as well
if you like chocolate then you must visit and try some. you will not regret it.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed June 7, 2019

We stopped multiple times at Puccini Bomboni for chocolates. Don't buy the prepacked items, buy a variety of the fresh chocolates. We sampled many different fresh flavor combinations. Worth the trip!

Reviewed May 26, 2019

I came here after a brief and frantic google search for the best chocolate places in Amsterdam, when I realized the dutch were known for their chocolate. Puccini Bomboni was the top place with several recommendations. I thought I'd be walking into a chocolate shop with your normal assortments of chocolates and truffles among them being the always trusty milk and dark chocolate. But if you're looking for a trusty chocolate to satisfy your chocolate craving this is not the place for you. The assortment of chocolates is as plentiful as the flavors they offer and it's definitely luxury. The most tame flavors were cranberry and coconut, and my husband said the coconut was a little disappointing but the cranberry was great. Outside of that there were chocolates with different spices inside including thyme, or tamarind. While others included lemon grass and honey whiskey. The staff were eager to please and prepare your box of assorted chocolates. A small box can have 6-8 chocolates depending which ones you choose and it's over $20 euro. Was it worth it, absolutely, would I come here if I just needed a quick chocolate fix that could just as easily be satisfied by a simple hot fudge sundae at McDonald's no.

Date of visit: May 2019
Louis_Puccini, Public Relations Manager at Puccini Bomboni, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2019

Hi There,

We really appreciate your thoughtful review! We're elated that you were able to find us even in a hurry as you explored Amsterdam. I think you nailed the experience we aim to deliver - luxurious, adventurous and artisan chocolate that will challenge your concept of "normal" chocolate combinations.

If you are looking for a safer or more tame flavor for next time, I highly recommend the Honey, Pecan and Gianduja bonbons. These are all made with a basis of milk chocolate, but their key flavors shine through brilliantly.

We hope you enjoyed the rest of your travels in Amsterdam, and we look forward to welcoming you into one of our stores during your next visit!

Kind regards,
Louis

Reviewed May 16, 2019 via mobile

Great looking palce with great looking deserts.
Try the pecan one, it's great!
It's definitely worth a stop for at least one.

Date of visit: May 2019
Louis_Puccini, Manager at Puccini Bomboni, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2019

Hi there,

We're really happy to hear you enjoyed your visit! I certainly support your recommendation, the Pecan bonbon is also one of my favorites.

We look forward to welcoming you into one of the shops during your next visit.

Kind regards