“yummy”

Ranked #19 of 98 Dessert in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Centrum
Description: Puccini Bomboni pursues perfection for you, each and every day. Tasting that single chocolate, your visit to one of the shops: everything should exceed your expectations. On the Staalstraat you can even see our kitchen crew in action. The purchase of your box of chocolates is completed with a miniature booklet containing information on your selection. This will enable you to choose carefully at home and help you make a selection for your next visit. Puccini Bomboni is dedicated to provide each customer with the best chocolate experience ever!
Reviewed July 20, 2014

The shop was inviting but so much choice I had difficulty choosing and we went back again as ate all the chocs in one day
Don't miss it but be careful can work out very expensive but worth it

There are newer reviews for Puccini Bomboni

Reviewed July 20, 2014

1) The Cafe
We had lunch here twice during our stay in Amsterdam. The cafe is in a lovely area with tables outside in a pedestrian street. The sandwiches are amazing and the coffee is great too. Service was friendly and quick. Our favourite place for a lazy lunch!

2) Chocolate shop
Wow! These chocolates are the best we have ever tasted. Very expensive, but definitely worth it! A great selection of different flavours (try the fig and marzipan or the raspberry!). We went to the shop next to the cafe, but there is another one in the Grachtengordel along the Singel.

1  Thank Joanna3285
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I often buy some chocolates here to share with my girlfriend. Strange thing is, next day they are all gone and my girlfriend doesn't know anything about it. Up till this day I'm still baffled by this mystery!

Reviewed July 3, 2014

This is the chocolate shop with wonderful but expensive chocolates
There is also another branch near the OudeKerke
Also there is a cafe called Puccini just a few shops down which looked excellent. I didn't find it til I was leaving
From these reviews I expected the cafe and the chocolate shop to be same place so just turned back after I bought chocolates in the shop and could not see the cafe bit.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Have not seen a single bad review of Puccini's Chocolate and you're not going to get one from me either.

It is so good that when friends come to visit me in Thailand I ask them at my expense to bring some for me and my wife. Also, I will be disowned by my mother in law if we don't bring some back for her.

BUT

I believe the management of Puccini rips you off.

If you want to have the chocolate in a box. They charge you the price of the chocolate for the box.

The Chocolate is expensive $44.20 a pound at today's exchange rate. I have no problem with this either. I can choose if I want to pay so much or not BUT paying $44 a pound for cardboard is a rip-off plain and simple.

To give you an idea put 4 bonbons in a box and you're paying for 5. four to enjoy one the box - to throw away.

So my tip is go there buy some chocolate for yourself but do not put it in a box.

Personally, I believe this is cheating the customer and you have the right to know.

And I would love to see a comment from Puccini about this complaint.

3  Thank Dennis004