“A very pleasant experience”
Review of Mamouche

Mamouche
Reserve with
Mamouche is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #569 of 3,900 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: French, Moroccan
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: De Pijp
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“A very pleasant experience”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Normally I am not a lover of french or north african food styles but in this place I will make an exception. The food was very good and the service very friendly. I'd recommend it anytime!

• Visited February 2014

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Delicious food, lovely interior, pleasant service”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

As a resident of Amsterdam, I'm always on the lookout for a new potential place to go regularly. Great food can be a little challenging to find. Mamouche offers really good food and decent prices (it's not cheap but the ingredients are excellent and the portions are large so I felt it was good value for money). I had the sea bass and couscous, which was really great. Everything was perfectly cooked. Co-diner had the couscous with meat, which was also very good. The atmosphere was wonderful, I could have stayed for hours, and the wine selection looked promising, although we went on a weeknight so stayed away from the grapes on offer. My only (minor) complaint was that the menu was a little on the small side for my liking, but I will definitely be returning.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Auroraborealice
Beverly Hills, California
“Wonderful food”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

A wonderful dinner with friendly, engaging server. The wonderful North African food has a strong French influence. The restaurant is located in de Phijp, where there are a number of excellent restaurants.

• Visited November 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
“Great restaurant with a nice ambience”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I travelled to Amsterdam recently. We love Moroccan food so much and we found this restaurant when we were looking for options of Moroccan restaurants in Amsterdam on the internet. We were lucky to find this restaurant. The ambiance and the setting were nice. The service was good but we had to wait for a long time for our food. Fortunately the food was great. We had lamb tajine and lamb shank. We would definitely come back to this restaurant because of its great food and nice ambience.

• Visited October 2013
New York City, New York
“Lovely little restaurant in an interesting part of town”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Mamouche Restaurant is located in an up and coming area of Amsterdam away from the central canal zone called De Pijp ("the pipe"). It serves Moroccan influenced cuisine in a romantic dark paneled candle lit room. The food is "nouvelle" style, refined Moroccan-French. Everything was delicious, fresh, well prepared and seasoned. It is reasonably priced for the quality of the food. It is fun to walk around the De Pijp neighborhood beforehand, and maybe have a drink at one of the lively bars before dinner.

• Visited October 2013