“Amazing experience”

Ranked #1 of 3,900 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Binnenstad
Description: Dine in style by the river in La Rive. Culinary excellence and extraordinary hospitality restaurant La Rive in a class of its own. Under the inspired culinary leadership of Chef de Cuisine Roger Rassin, Maitre Ronald Opten and Sommelier Ted Bunnik, every guest is assured of a culinary experience. It is a member of the culinary association Alliance Gastronomique. The exceptional wine expertise of our three sommeliers and the specially commissioned porcelain and silver all contribute to a unique and unforgettable dining experience.
Wales
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We went here as part of my husbands 40th birthday. The whole experience was great. We were treated so well by the staff and wanted for nothing.
The menu has two choices and you can leave some courses out if you wish to. We were given some fantastic appetisers and home made bread. When we choose our wine we were given very helpful advise.
Each course come with an explanation, the food was out of this world. We were then given a pre desert appetiser, and then after ice cream we were given a cocktail desert which was a fantastic way to finish the meal.
The attention to detail was fantastic - even having happy birthday written on my husbands dessert.
There was one disappointment - we were told the dress code was jacket - but during our meal a rowdy group of people arrived in jeans and t-shirts - there were taken straight through to the kitchen and so didn't spoil our night.
Thank you so much for a fabulous night.

Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I am a very conservative eater with a lot of food I don't care to eat plus a few intollerances. A nightmare to feed! But I choose one of the options from the taster menu and they made me a main course of my choice .... venison. It was delicious.
My partner ... who can eat anything and will try everything, had the droit menu and loved everything.
Expensive? Yes. But to paraphrase 'the eperience will be remembered long after the cost is forgotten'
The waiters were a pleasure to watch serving everyone, the sommelier was a poet in his presentation and description of the wine. But they were so friendly and personable too.
It really was an evening to remember.

“dinner with friends”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

2nd meal in amsterdam, great location, beautiful hotel, lovely restaurant very helpful staff, food was excellent, we had set menu la droite or gauche, worth every penny, wine selection good and reasonable price for such great food

“Exquisite fine dining!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Very few can compare with the gastronomic experience that is the La Rive. I was impressed with the waiters with their presentation of each course and their attentiveness. We had champagne for apertif. Leny and I had the "La Rive Grouche". I had the duck and she had the Wagyu. We had both on the well done side. The chicken mousse in white chocolate with caviar was delicately stunning. The red wine was excellent. It was an experience where you absolultely just sit and enjoy good company while they take care of the rest. The price is very much worth the experience.

“top 10”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The ambiance of the Hotel Intercontinental and the view from the restaurant on the canal were amazing. Service was sooo attentive and they even made me gluten free bread that was the best I have ever tasted anywhere in the world( I alerted then I was coming). Every course was full of taste popping decadence. I have tried to buy some of the ingredients here in the state like the Spanish cured ham in a cave for three years. My son said don't expect good food in Amsterdam and we were so pleasantly surprised.

• Visited July 2013