“CHEAP CHINEZE & DIM SUM”
Review of Dim Sum Court

Dim Sum Court
Ranked #3,233 of 3,855 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Chinese
Neighborhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
Neighborhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
Altnaharra, United Kingdom
“CHEAP CHINEZE & DIM SUM”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Have eaten here many times before on visits to Amsterdam. Located in the Chineze area behind Red Light District. All you can eat for 8 euro's in an hour. Absolute bargain, varied choice of meals, soups, noodles & rice, with of course Dim Sum, 5 or 6 varities.
Don't eat here if your picky or expect much for your money! remember its 8 euro's, all you eat.
Food is more than edible & I've never been ill or had an upset tummy. No service just pay your money & fill your boots.
To be reccommended, with the above cavet's,,,,,,,

• Visited September 2013

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Dim Sum Court”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This "restaurant" is now really bad - it was very good when it first opened. On a visit this October, 2013, the food was cold, stale and of a very poor quality. When I challenged the male member of staff he became quite agitated and argued that the food was hot and really good. (Only 2 customers were in the venue when we visited - other local venues were very busy.) As 3 young males came in I told them that the food wasn't very good and I heard the member of staff offer them a deal to eat there!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank RMGBackwell1
Hove, United Kingdom
“Awful, pretty sure the some of the 'vegetarian' food contained meat.”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We went into this restaurant because we were in a hurry and a friend was really hungry. Everything was cold, the spring rolls were rockhard, there wasn't that much food available (we finished at least two dishes). My friend couldn't get tap water and had to pay for a bottle. I realised that some of the food I was told was vegetarian almost definitely contained meat. I couldn't even be bothered to complain about it, I just wanted to get out of there. Avoid.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank MaryamBH
San Diego, California
“God awful”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I love Dim Sum, I love a good dive. I didn't really pay attention when I walked in and paid my 8.50 Euro for all you can eat. panda Express would have been preferable.

Steam trays of gloppy tasteless food. As for Dim Sum, well the bamboo steamers were empty. I left the lids off them, and the owner replaced the lids. I asked where the dim sum was, he said gone. Well it was. Had it been there?

Just horrid Chinese adjacent food. I hope I don't get sick

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank santjordi
Leiden, The Netherlands
“Once great, now one of the saddest places in Amsterdam”
Reviewed September 30, 2011

Let's grab a quick bite... maybe at Dim Sum Court?
If this sentence comes up during your stay in Amsterdam, please erase it from your mind!

Indeed it once was a decent place with great Dim Sum, all kinds of different bites, but nowadays you can only get flavourless, greasy dishes, just 4 kinds of Dim Sum, steamed too long', so 'flappy'... They have never heard of chopsticks, no cozyness what-so-ever, drinks from a machine (which I really don't mind if the food is good).
All you can eat in an hour? You want to leave within 15 minutes! Pay just a little more and get some decent dim sum anywhere else in the same street

• Visited September 2011