“First rate seafood”
Review of De Oesterbar

De Oesterbar
Reserve with
De Oesterbar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #576 of 4,003 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: European, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Super fresh well selected ingredients, perfectly prepared and presented. I had the house special eel and shrimp starter, perfect, then a dover sole, also perfect. The super helpful maitre D chose excellent wines to compliment the meal. Highly recommended, make sure you book.

1  Thank FruitTrader
There are newer reviews for De Oesterbar

Reviewed May 25, 2012

I have been coming to DeOesterbar for over a decade. The food is always awesome. As other reviews have pointed out, plan to spend top-Euro. Service is usually polite but not necessarily efficient. Most staff speak English to varying degrees -- but menu is in English and I never had any issues.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

As I had Russian and Austrian guests I wanted to have a really good piece of fish. That was a disappointment! Tiny portions (don't they know that is not the fashion anymore?) and we did not get our food at the same time. When I complained (I said the service was bad) the waitress did not agree with me. Small portions and a large bill! That was the last time Oesterbar for me!

2  Thank Cor v
Reviewed April 15, 2012

My husband and I spent the day in Leidseplein, Amsterdam, and decided to dine at De Oesterbar. The menu was varied with numerous items and translated into English. However, the waiter was obviously hesitant, confused and unable to explain the items. I ordered squid with carbonara and linguine. My husband had seabass with garlic sauce and potatoes. As soon as the dishes arrived, we shocked by how small they were. They were not enough to feed a five year old. Portions were the smallest we had ever seen. Plus, they charged 5 euros for a small bottle of tap water!! The experience was not good at all. We will certainly never go there again.

1  Thank Noha K
Reviewed March 5, 2012

We had really enjoyed our food but we were a bit shocked to see how the cooks and staff in the kitchen prepared the dishes with their bare hands. They actually used fingers to decorate food on the plate once after rubbing a nose and on another occasion after tasting food with their fingers. Staff should learn to wear some type of plastic glove and refrain from tasting food or touching their nose with their fingers and using the same finger to design food on the plates. Other than this, the food was excellent.

1  Thank MakatiJoe