“Delicious ribs”
Review of Cafe de Klos

Cafe de Klos
Ranked #154 of 4,315 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Reviewed March 11, 2014

It took about 45 minutes for our group of 5 to get seated, but we were able to wait at the bar across the street and the staff came to get us. The ribs were delicious and the huge portions something of a rarity in Europe (on the mainland, at least). Get the spare ribs, the smoked ribs were OK but not as good. Or try the mixed ribs to find out I was right all along. :) Their lamb dishes are delicious as well.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,890)

Reviewed March 9, 2014

As said many times before, there is a wait for the table but well worth the wait, staff are great, considering they are run off their feet, walked in was told to pop to bar over road, waited for about 50 mins then was seated at the bar, for what I can only describe as beautiful !!
You get a whole lot of rib for the price you pay, well worth a visit, will def return :)

Reviewed March 8, 2014

To be honest if we hadn't read all the rave reviews about this place we would have walked out.... We were acknowledged straight away but told there was no tables which then left us not knowing what to do or where to stand. It was clear to see the guys were working flat out to keep everyone happy but first impressions for us were not good. After sitting at an empty seat at the bar we were abruptly told these were reserved which made us feel like we'd been told off! Eventually all was sorted and it was clear we were happy to wait for a table and we were escorted to the bar over the road and told a table would be ready in 45 minutes. After only 30 minutes we were then told our table was ready and that was when the customer service was spot on and we were very well looked after. We shared a mixed ribs, you then pay 6 euros for an extra plate and we also ordered a jacket potato each, a bottle of wine and then a couple of seasonal beers which finished the meal off a treat.

1  Thank H_Kits
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Been here with my girlfriend and had a great time.
Yes, they don't take reservations and send you to their bar to wait for a hour, BUT the bar is nice and the food is absolutely worth the wait!!
The spare ribs are great, I prefered the non-smoked over the smoked!
Service was very nice and friendly.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Ah it was an amazing experience. I felt a bomd explosed in my stomach. Because my frind Baris took me to KLOSE and offer me Escargot that i never tasted before. I think that they are a kind of lamp meat. It was having an incredible delicious taste with bread and butter. And spices. I almost ate my fingers. And then i started to ate escargots. Very very delicious but different than a lamp meat. Then i asked my friend what are these? And when i learned that they are ESCARGOT a bomb explosed in my stomach because i always get used to say that i never eat escargot. Incredible pieces... I dont need to tell about the deliciousness of STEAK... Also amazing. KLOSE is a unique spot for everyone. Enjoy it...