“Do it”
Review of Cafe de Klos

Cafe de Klos
Ranked #93 of 3,855 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
“Do it”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

These ribs were really delicious and juicy. By far the best ribs I've ever had in my life. I'd come back again just to have them again. Just go and do it. Eat them ribs ★;-)
-Karol from NYC

• Turkish first
Brackley, United Kingdom
“Good stuff”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I read alot about klos on the Internet even watched footage on YouTube and when I first looked at the place I thought some of the reviews I had read may be true but you k ow what I had a great time really great the bar tender was on the drinks situation and a nice chap. They gave us some bread and garlic butter to nibble on while we had a drink. Then when the ribs came the plate was exactly as the pictures on hear looked massive and meaty.not fine dinning if that's what the bad reviews on her thought they may get its like a little old pub with a grill in the corner a total diffrent experience and it was buzzing in there. The only thing I would say is that we had the sauce ribs and still thought it was a bit salty so can guess what the dry ones are like just more beer to go with it.i would send anyone there its very good pub food not gastro but good at what they do. The meat falls of the bones I wish we had ordered a lamb shoulder.

london, uk
“Most excellent ribs”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I love ribs, and without a doubt, these were the best ribs I've ever had. Meaty, juicy, flavourful, comes clean off the bones... Your wooden platter of meat also comes with 2 sauces and a fruity salad. We arrived early (4:30pm) so it wasn't busy, but there were already 4 other tables with customers. They cook in batches, so there could be a bit of a wait. However, it's totally worth it! If you want to completely beat the crowds, eat a light lunch and come here at 4pm, when they open. Portions are massive. If you don't have a big appetite, you can share a mains at an extra cost of Eur5.00 for another wooden plate with the 2 sauces and the salad.

Regarding service... Having read the reviews here, we had expected the waiters to be rude. We actually found them to be polite and patient. They explained the menu and didn't rush customers to order. And with such perfect ribs, what more can you ask for in a restaurant?!

Next time we're in Amsterdam, we'll be heading straight here!

2 Thank patsyc216
London, United Kingdom
“A delicious Man v Food moment!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Having found this place thru Tripadvisor prior to our trip to Amsterdam, this just made it on top of places to eat just by looking at the photos other reviews have posted. And since this was just less than 10 minutes away from our hotel, we went here for a birthday meal and it was pretty special. First, the atmosphere was rather unique - dark, old bar/pub/restaurant but not the kind that we get in the UK. Service was rather rough and scruffy from the waiters who were really humorous so that was appealing.

And onto the food - I went for the original ribs as this is what they are really known for while my boyfriend opted for the lamb shoulder which seem to be as popular! The servings - as stated by others on here, were massive! I have never seen such big portion of meat on my plate - ever. And this doesn't compromise the meals themselves, both the ribs and the lamb shoulder were delicious. Very tender/fall off the bone kind. The taste of the marinade and slight char was amazing without masking the real "meaty" taste you'd expect from grilled meats. Both meals came with a basket of bread and a decent serving of coleslaw each. Which meant we were wise NOT to order any sides.

Paid over 50 euros for two including a drink each and for this price, won't be something you'll do quite often as it's a bit steep. However, looking forward to the next time we'll be back.

• Visited July 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Great Ribs”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

If you're hungry for ribs this is the place to go. The portions are big, tasty and very affordable. It's very hot inside, so it's worth the wait for a table outside.

Visited July 2013