“YUM”
Review of Cafe de Klos

Cafe de Klos
Ranked #103 of 4,143 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed with some friends in Amsterdam, and when they told me we were going to a rib joint I was a bit miffed. Living in the south, we can get ribs all over the place (including my own grill), but I figured we'd give it a go. Man, was this place delicious! There was a wait to get in, but we just went to the bar across the street and they came and got us when our table was ready (only about a 20 minute wait). We all got rib plates and they were seriously delicious! The place was a bit of a dive, but I think that added to the character. I loved the laid back vibe. Good food and good spirits all around - definitely recommend.

1  Thank Stephanie S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,811)

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We dined here on a Sunday night.
You cannot book a table and as the place was busy we were offered a table in the bar over the street until space was available in De Klos. Seats are given on a first come, first served basis but if you just walk in off the street and grab the fist seat you see you will be asked, politely, to give it up and wait your turn.
De Klos and the bar over he street are very cosily set up in a typical Dutch style.
The staff in De Klos are great fun with very dry senses of humour.
The food we had was great and the portions are huge.
I had the mixed ribs - half were smoked, half were unsmoked. Both were delicious.

Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

We got there about 6.30 and got a great table I didn't fancy sitting at the bar but after I had tasted the ribs in future I would sit in the street and eat them they are that good. We both had the ribs and they were the best I've had. It comes with sauces and bread and a side salad this is also lovely . The house wine is also really good and I am fussy with wine my husband ha Afew pints and it all come to less than 50 euro which is great value. There is a great little table in the window but you would have to get there when it opens at 4 I think to get it or touch lucky during the night. Deffo go this is a great place but make sure your hungry!!! This will be out first stop when we are back in amsterdam!!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

As a crew member for a large carrier I have often dined here. Last week I took my boyfriend (same sex couple) to dine on ribs. The server made it very clear we were not welcome. Tried to sit at bar or table, spots open and was told NO! Server told us to go across the street to a bar and if something came available he would let us know???? It is a walk up restaurant so the open seats should have been first come/first serve. Server could not show us door fast enough. I will continue to share the story. Sad!

8  Thank i2fli
Reviewed January 6, 2013

great little resturant, very busy (with patrons)... staff extremley welcoming and funny... advised us to pop in the pub across the road to wait for a table... (we wanted a table for six) menu is meat meat meat... they specialise in a small menu and do what they do very - well worth a look