“Memorable Dinner” 5 of 5 stars
Review of De Kas

De Kas
Ranked #71 of 3,332 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Dutch, European, Vegetarian, Gluten Free
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Melbourne, Australia
“Memorable Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I have been lucky enough to visit De Kas twice and I loved it on each occasion. We started with a glass of house sparkling and wander through the herb garden, followed by the three delicious courses. We all loved it. The flavours were delicately balanced, the portion sizes perfect, and we also opted for the wine matching which also added to the experience. All the staff are friendly and welcoming which isn't always the case in places the calibre of De Kas. Next time I'm booking the chef's table!

Visited April 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Miami, Florida
“Good dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

De Kas, a greenhouse converted into a restaurant is located in a gorgeous park, walking distance
(15 minutes) from the train station. We walked into the park by a side entrance with the greenhouse at a distance. It was absolutely breath taking!
The atmosphere was warm and inviting. The service was excellent and the staff goes out of their way to make sure your visit is pleasant. They were very kind and called a taxi for us when it was time to depart.
We found the food to be fresh and delicious but it was not outstanding. We had good food and wine but not "gourmet" dining.
It was a delightful experience nonetheless.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Unique restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

This place is very unique since it is a greenhouse in which you as a guest are dining. You can see the vegetables and fruits they are serving in their dishes. There is one menu that fits for all, also for vegetarians. Make sure you call them in time to make a reservation, since they are always full. It is quite expensive, but worth every euro. The service is great too.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Perfect for a special occasion but you need to be open minded and not a fussy eater!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

My boyfriend recently surprised me with a trip to Amsterdam for my 30th birthday and booked a table for the evening of my birthday to celebrate as he had seen some really good reviews on trip advisor. When we were arrived we were greeted by a lovely lady who was really accommodating and showed us to our table. A waiter then came to explain how De Kas works and the surprise menu and asked if we had any food allergies. Neither myself or my partner have any allergies but my partner told him he didn't like fish and the waiter said no problem. We were given olives, bread and gerkins as an appetiser while we waited for the trio of starters which was great as we were really hungry and nice to nibble on while we waited. 2 out of the 3 starters were delicious but the 3rd was to neither of our tastes but thats more to do with us not liking zucchini. For the main i had fish which was really tasty and not something i would usually pick off a menu. They gave my partner veal which he said was amazing and the vegetables they came with i have to say were the best I've ever tasted! I mentioned to the waiter that it was my birthday and the chef himself bought out my dessert and he had written happy birthday on the plate with chocolate sauce, which was a nice touch. Prices are reasonable considering its somewhere you would go for more of a special occasion. Would definitely recommend for people to try it out, but not for picky eaters. The staff are really friendly and accommodating and I'm sure if you told them you didn't like something they would alter the dish to suite your tastes. Told all my friends and family about it on coming home to the UK and recommended if they go to Amsterdam in the future that they try it.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank JodyG84
Sydney, Australia
“Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

My partner and I were in Amsterdam for a few days while travelling around Europe and I saw this restaurant on a travel newsletter so I thought it would be a great splurge while in Amsterdam.
The food was a set menu but all the food and ingredients were so fresh and so yummy that you would tell the food was grown with care in their garden. We got to enjoy a lovely salad, a nicely cooked fish and yummy cake for desert.
The beer my partner drank was also locally brewed which made the experience so much more important for the local community
As soon as we arrived, the staff were so nice and greeted us with great smiles and really took care of us.
The decor of the restaurant also added to the experience as we got to enjoy the fantastic sun during the lovely long summers.
I would highlight recommend experiencing this restaurant and the great food it provides

• Visited June 2014