WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of De Kas

De Kas
Ranked #89 of 3,556 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Dutch, European
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Montreal, Canada
“Nice experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

We went there for my birthday last year. Amazing service, tasty food made out of fresh and quality ingredients. It is quite expensive(50€ only for the meal), but nice for a special treat!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oslo, Norway
“Delicious Food in Amsterdam”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

One of the most incredibly delicious foods in Amsterdam. I keep coming back every time I am in town. Though this is the first time I am writing a review about the Kas. The first time, we were looking for a place to grab a quick lunch and the Kas was a sheer delight. We were so glad to have found this quaint restaurant tucked in at a corner of the city. The food was great and the waitress who attended us had been overtly pleasant. She always had a welcoming smile on her face. The prices, we found were slightly on the higher side, though the meal was filling and sufficient. I quite understand the slightly higher price range, because it comes within the Tourist Zone. Good ambience and easy to reach. Not too many customers were present at that time of the night, yet the service was a bit slow. We had to wait for a while for the food to arrive.

• Visited December 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

The venue and the setting is worth the visit, it's about 15 min by car from the center of Amsterdam, it was also exciting to see the greenhouses where the produce is grown, but unfortunately overall the food did not meet my expectations, having all that vegetables grown in house, the main dishes were lacking flavor, the soup and the desserts were fine and the wine recommendations were excellent, the service was also attentive and friendly.

• Visited January 2014
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Exquisite vegetables”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

It takes a bit of patience to get a table on a week-end, but it is worth trying. Kas means green house - and most of their vegetables are actually coming from their own production. Incredibly tasting, and would recommend the house menu (4 dishes including Dutch cheeses). Desert was a bit too original for some of my colleagues, but overall a great experience. I will (try to) return.

Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Another Great Gluten Free Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I booked our reservation at De Kas for Valentine's Day. We had visited this restaurant during our last trip to Amsterdam and found it charming with great "foodie" food and an enthusiastic and attentive staff. It did not disappoint on our second visit. While I was a bit worried that the pressure of Valentine's Day might cause a slight dip in food quality or service, the kitchen and wait staff did not let us down.

First, for all the gluten-free folks - this restaurant understands our needs. All of my dishes were prepared glulten-free, but I did not feel slighted in the least. Instead, the differences in the way my dishes were prepared were slight and I believe might have been even better than my husband's dishes who is not gluten-free. Our waitress, Rachel, even brought me a separate container or oil for my gluten-free bread so that my husbands wheat bread would not contaminate mine.

The meal was beautiful, interesting and extremely well paced. They listened to our likes and dislikes and made adjustments to their normal three-course, fixed-price meal. We had the wine parings which were quite good and fell within what we would have paid for a bottle of wine. They did not skimp on the pouring and came back more than once to give us a bit more so that we did not have an empty glass.

Finally, when we were leaving, the staff gave my husband a bag of cookies baked in the shape of hearts in honor of the day. However, the hostess remembered that I was gluten-free and asked us to wait for just a moment as she returned to the kitchen to bring me some caramels as a special gift.

You would need to go a long way to find a more congenial and delicious restaurant - especially for the gluten-free!

Visited February 2014