“What a nice kas this is”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of De Kas

De Kas
Ranked #72 of 3,750 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Dutch, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cape Town
“What a nice kas this is”
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

This is our second visit to the kas. Clearly it means we had a good memory of the first time, but this time was even better.
We arrive at night in a beautiful day that made the settings absolutely splendid. The illuminated greenhouse, the stars in the sky, the moon, fantastic start.
There is no menu here you eat a set dinner that springs nicely and at an appropriate pace at your table.
From the Amuse bouche to the starters to the main to the cheese, the desert and the fantastic wine recommended by the waitress everything was very very nice.
The service impeccable all the way through.
And at a very affordable price for the quality of the fresh produce we received.
The only slight downside, the place seems to be much more popular than one year ago when we discovered it. It was crowded with large groups especially 2 large American table behind us that were very very noisy.
Would I recommend this? Absolutely

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Perfect dinner”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I went with a couple of friends on my last night in Amsterdam. The service wasn't the greatest - I had made a reservation for 3 and they had 6 in their book. For some reason, we were made to sit at the bar for about half an hour or more while they got our seating arranged. It wasn't that busy.
When it got to actually eating, however, the food was delicious. One of the most memorable meals I've had. Will definitely go back when I'm in Amsterdam again and will definitely recommend to friends.

• Visited January 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A perfect birthday meal”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

De Kas is wonderful!

The food is incredible, the surroundings are perfect, the staff are very knowledgable and make you feel perfectly at home (some places of De Kas' standard can be quite snobby).
We went for the wine matching which was brilliant. Can't fault anything really other than I wish it was in Manchester!

Visited January 2014
Prague, Czech Republic
“Delish”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Just became a member of TA and I have to write a review of this awesome place. I loved the fact they grow their own veggies. You can walk and see it yourself in the attached greenhouse. The food was light and tasty. Friendly service. When I go to Amsterdam I will definitely come back!

• Visited June 2013
“Pure, honest, delicious!”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Local ingredients only. Based on the time of the year. They grow their own veggies. Meat and fish are from nearby eco suppliers. Love. That's what you taste!

• Visited October 2013