“Food lets the place down”
Review of Coco's Outback

Coco's Outback
Reserve with
Coco's Outback is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #920 of 4,304 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Description: Coco's Outback is your place for Sports, Food & Fun. From our monthly pub quiz, our weekly clubbing nights, to the broadcasting of all sports you could wish for. This warm Aussie pub will welcome you with it's staff from all over the world!
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Came to this place for an early dinner before heading out on a walking tour. Waitress was kind and took our orders promptly. We ordered the chicken pie and beef pie. The chicken pie filling was still cold. The beef pie filling was of poor quality meat. Both our meals tasted like crap.

Beers are nice and cold, cocktails were good.

Decor, drinks and service are the only things stopping me from giving this place 1/5. Truly a poor effort.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

It was the second time that I had a terrible experience there! What I mistake...
You can expect good music, but, even if you really try to avoid, you will have a bad experience with their lousy service. I'm quite sure that the australians are no being well represented by that. What a shame.
If not the bartender.... the security bouncers will be so rude that will just destroy customers mood.
I'll never put my foot there again. Nor my friends.
Please, understand that Amsterdam has many good places. You can have a great night out with your buddies, but, please, AVOID this place. Be warned.
Next time I'll record and upload the stuff that happens there and the way they treat customers, sorry but people cannot just ignore it.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

After walking all over, we were looking around in Rembrandtsplein for a beer spot. Though the sign said warm beer and lousy food, we sat under wonderful shade, without a crowd and without a lot of street noise. The bar has a great history you can read on the menu. It's a great spot!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Great little club in the heart of Amsterdam, thoroughly enjoyed myself, the atmosphere was great. Drinks were a bit on the expensive side, but was great to see they were selling some Aussie drinks. I think the charge to use the toilets was a bit extreme, but understandable. I would go back it was a good night.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is the perfect place for a nice steak cooked to your liking. The staff is very competent, the restaurant can be quite busy so I would recommend you book your table if you are planning to eat during weekend days. A bit expensive, but it was worth it.

1  Thank Gerry1582