“The best 2 stars Michelin we've been to” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ciel Bleu Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 3,725 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: De Pijp
Description: One of Amsterdam's most remarkable restaurants, situated on the 23rd floor of Hotel Okura Amsterdam, the Ciel Bleu Restaurant has been awarded two Michelin stars and, much like the adjacent Twenty Third Bar, offers a stunning panoramic view of Amsterdam's city centre. This breathtaking vista and the luxurious design, together with the personal hospitality, all combine to create a unique atmosphere. The Ciel Bleu Restaurant's ambitious kitchen staff serve an international cuisine, prepared with seasonal products and characterised by its innovation. The Sommelier's professionalism and close cooperation with Executive Chef and Manager Onno Kokmeijer results in a perfect harmony between wine and food. The Ciel Bleu Restaurant also offers three luxurious private areas: the Starlight Room, the Salon Panoramique, and the Chef's Table in the restaurant's kitchen.
Paris, France
“The best 2 stars Michelin we've been to”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

We chose to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary in "Le Ciel Bleu" and we were not disapointed .
It was by far the best restaurant we've been to.
Everything was just perfect :the cuisine,the service,the view,the gentleness of the whole team.
The cuisine was a palate marvel and very original.No one single detail was left apart.
We were able to visit the Dutch Chef and the "Ciel bleu's" kitchens.
No where have been treated that way.
It was just perfect.
We (my wife and i) would like here to thank all the "Ciel Bleu" team without
exception

Visited March 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Meal, 2 Michelin Stars Well Deserved”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

One of the best meals I have ever eaten.
Panoramic views of the city.
Very romantic.
King Crab ... 'Beurre Blanc' ice cream, Preserved Lemon, Baerii caviar is something to die for - and this coming from someone who dislikes crab and not particularly keen on caviar!
Service of staff & knowledge of the Sommelier is perfect.
I cannot praise our experience enough, other than to say we were staying for 2 nights & followed this with a meal at their 1 michelin star Japanese restaurant (I believe it's the only Japanese restaurant in Europe to have a star), and this did not disappoint either.

• Visited March 2014
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

Definetly worth the two Michellin stars. outstanding view - a most unusual feature in Amsterdam.
the tasting menu, with excellent pairing wines is a recollecttion of pure joy.
service is attentive and courteous. we had the opportunity to visit the kitchen and meet the great chef. Congratulations to the whole team

• Visited January 2014
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Outstanding meal tainted by poor customer service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

I LOVED this restaurant. We had the tasting menu. The amuse-bouches were innovative, interesting, and most importantly delicious.
The absolute highlight was the lamb which has achieved the accolade of the best lamb I have ever had in my life, and this is impressive as if there is lamb on the menu, then I always order it.
I also had the fruits de mer starter which was the best I have ever had (except for the nasty algae splodges but it was easy to eat around these). However, it was huge, enough probably for a main course, but it was so good!
The sommelier was lovely, and in general the room is lovely, the tables are very nicely spaced so you are far enough away from anyone else.
At the end of the meal there is a trolley of sweets brought to your table which, even though you are full to bursting, is so pretty and inviting that you are unable not to have something.
What tainted the mean for me was my partner's starter and the subsequent customer service. He had the king crab starter, which at 80 euro was not at all cheap. It came in two parts, the first of which was lovely. However, the second part was a lovely langoustine but unfortunately it was siting in a sea of the most disgusting sauce I have ever tried. I am extrememly adventurous with food, and there re very few things I don't like, but this was really gross, it completely overpowered everything and was just plain nasty. Unfortunately this was also the only course after which we did not get asked if we had enjoyed everything, and stupidly we were too polite to say anything at the time. After the meal, I wrote a polite note regarding the starter on the comments card. Whilst I did not expect to receive a free meal or anything so extravaggant, I did expect slightly more than an email curtly saying thank you for my comment and the chef has been informed about the starter. With our meal coming to around 500 euro, I did at least expect the offer of a free drink, or just....something! Perhaps I am being unfair as it was otherwise a really fantastic meal, but it has stopped me from going back.
Overally, if you have the cash to splash, you should certainly go there, just stay away from any watercress sauce!

• Visited August 2013
Leek, United Kingdom
“A food experience of the highest order”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Quiet simply the best meal I have ever had in a stunning location overlooking the city. Attentive staff. Very expensive but worth it for a treat.