“very good but worth a michelin star”

Yamazato Restaurant
Ranked #135 of 4,182 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: De Pijp
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We had lunch.
The Japanese food is excellent but wether this worth a Michelin star, I am not sure.
Service is perfect as well.
The wine suggestions by the Sommelier was the best part of our lunch.
Usually wine and Japanese food is always a difficult combination.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,008)

Reviewed June 26, 2014

I can't judge the authenticity of the food, but this restaurant is the best place to go if you're looking for a wonderful night out. I've been to this restaurant 4 times, and my absolute favorite is the chef's menu. The food is wonderful, the presentation is wonderful and the atmosphere in the restaurant is wonderful. It's pricy, but worth it! I highly recommend it for romantic dinners. It's also the place to check out Dutch celebrities...

Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Very nice! warm staff and delicious food. I ate seasonal menu. It was amazing!

1  Thank sasaking
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Yamazato has 1 star Michelin. I had a working lunch with colleagues and friends. Elegantly prepared raw fish, tofu, rice and mushrooms accompained by a good alsatian white wine and then a delicate ice cream with strawberrys. Not exactly classical Japanese cuisine but the contamination with European dishes (perfectly fried vegetables, roasted salmon) was creative and the combination of tastes quite successfull..

Reviewed May 31, 2014

The food was at most mediocre. We kept on giving it a chance, expecting the next course to be better than the previous one but that better course never came along. We have had much better sushi for instance at 1/8 the price we paid here for the sushi. The service and the atmosphere were good, I will give them that, but when I go to a restaurant I also want to eat some good food. This was such a let down; we had expected excellent food based on the rave reviews and the michellin stars received. The funny thing is that the other customers in the tables around us seemed to have the same expression of disappointment that we had so I wonder who is writing the rave reviews!

3  Thank Cpapageorge2000