“First Good Mexican Meal I've had in AMS”
Review of Salsa Shop

Salsa Shop
Ranked #493 of 3,860 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Description: At SALSA SHOP, what you see is what we wrap. Come watch our super-chefs work their magic in the open kitchen at our first location in the heart of Amsterdam, just off Rembrandt-square. All our food is prepared in front of you while you wait, using the freshest & most natural ingredients that literally burst with flavor. For example, we marinate our tender chicken and mouthwatering steak in our tempting, secret adobo blend rub before grilling them to perfection before your very eyes. And our pork is 3* "beter leven" oven-braised "Livar" for hours until it's pulled apart tender and then pan-seared. We have plenty of space to eat-in, but you can also take our meals home. Whatever suits you, hombre(tte)! LOCATIONS: Amstelstraat 32, 1017DA Ferdinand Bolstraat 1, 1072LA
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“First Good Mexican Meal I've had in AMS”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Well lets just say I do love to have some Mexican food. Not all the time, but regularly. I also like it to be essentially 'clean' and fresh. I had a favorite in Berlin that I longed for since moving to Amsterdam and Salsa Shop is a solid choice. You get to add all you want to your order, for example I ordered a Burrito Bowl (which I love). The salsa was quite fresh and extremely tasty. Now I fell like I finally have a solid, clean Mexican option in Amsterdam. I'd also like to add that the shop was quite cool with plenty of seating. My only tiny negative was that though I ate in, my burrito bowl came in a paper container. I'll definitely return.

5 Thank AmericanAbroadAMS

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Tacolicious!”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

The best Mexican I've ever been to! Visited three times out of four days in Amsterdam. Had the tacos each time, all the meats were incredibly succulent and the salsas were full of flavour. Very friendly staff who made good recommendations about which salsa to have with each meat. Everything is made fresh and you can watch the staff cooking. Plenty of room to sit down, good music plays in the background.

6 Thank Edward W
London, United Kingdom
“Love it”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

This restaurant is delicious, we went 3 times during our 4 day stay in Amsterdam. The price is good and the staff are so friendly. Wish I lived nearby!

5 Thank Charlotte H
Haarlem
“Finally a Good Mexican place in Amsterdam”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Salsa Shop is a great addition to Amsterdam's offering. Fresh Mexican food served in a great modern setting

Try the carnitas with salsa verde if you have the chance. The homemade lemonades are also great!

It's good to see the young owners actually working the bar and making sure everything isnup to their high standard

4 Thank AryaBeef