“Good for price ”

Ranked #160 of 229 Specialty Lodging in Amsterdam
Berlin, Germany
“Good for price ”
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the 20 bed mixed dorm and it ended up being better than I expected. Pretty clean and comfortable. There is a bit of a shortage of showers for 20 ppl. Location is pretty good there is stuff to do/eat all over the place. Overall not a bad place to stay, especially due to the cheap prices they offer

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank AAS238

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Terrigal, Australia
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I stayed at Aivengo Hostel for a total of 6 nights with 2 of my friends. We stayed in the 20 bed mixed dorm room which ended up being way better than we thought. The location is prime with lots of great cafes, bars, shops etc nearby. The staff were super friendly and even let us stay for an extra night when we had no where to stay. I highly recommend this hostel, its awesome!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We recently stayed for a couple nights at Aivengo and very much enjoyed it. Although we were in the 20-bed dorm room, sleep was no problem for us. The location is perfect as it's only a few minutes to walk from the central station. The staff was incredibly helpful and flexible, and the people in our room were awesome to get to know. We met some British chaps and hung out with them for an evening; it was lots of fun.
The only downside to the hostel was that the pictures online weren't a great representation of the facilities. Everything was clean, but it was somewhat dim lighting and the beds aren't crazy comfortable. However, you get what you pay for.
If you're looking for a quiet stay with super fancy facilities, I'd look elsewhere. But if you're cool with a cheap bunk, opportunity to meet other people, and great staff, I'd definitely recommend Aivengo.

Room Tip: Be aware that the 20-bed dorm has limited outlets; however, the front desk is willing to charge and...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Thomas J
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

One of my favorite hostels in my entire trip through Europe!

Up a spiraling staircase which is a bit of a hike, but well worth it when you get to the room!
A loft with opening window doors and a charming folding table and chairs. Spacious room, and no bunk beds! Comfy blankets, outlets everywhere, cozy kitchen (no working stove however, so keep that in mind).

Wonderful location! 5 minutes from central station, what more could you ask for? Staff was friendly and helpful, rates were good and WiFi was reliable.
There were even 2 computers that were at use for free by reception, as well as a fresh towel on your bed when you first arrive.

Amazing!

The only con worth noting is there was only one bathroom in the flat, so mornings were a bit slow as 10 girls waited for their turn in the shower. However, simply waiting for the evening or afternoon to wash up was a simple enough fix.

I'd recommend this to any girls traveling about Amsterdam, from a couple days to a few weeks! A safe and friendly atmosphere

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I stayed in the 10 bed female dorm, which was beautiful. A balcony with table and chairs, comfy beds, kitchen, and even a big bathroom with a tub! The staff is great and the one girl even managed to get us two beds in the same room instead of moving to the 20 bed mixed downstairs. They had two computers with Internet that you could use for free, and supposedly had a "common area" but was very small and right beside reception, so really you had to hang out in the hostel room (which I can't complain about). Location is fantastic, although not having an elevator was rough; luckily we had backpacks, but having to carry a suitcase up 3 flights of spiral stairs would be killer! An amazing hostel that I will definitely be coming back to when I visit Amsterdam again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We had a brilliant time in Amsterdam and part of this was down to Aivengo Hostel. We arrived before the advertised check in time but were shown straight to our room. The lady who showed us in was very friendly and pleasant. We stayed in a large 20 bed dorm on the bottom floor. The beds were pretty comfy and ready for us when we arrived. We also managed to borrow a towel for 1 euro when we all realised we had forgotten! Good value. The bathroom was also very clean, and the shower was brilliant. More than enough toilets/showers for everyone, didn't have to wait once. The man behind the desk that evening was also brilliant. Let us know where to go and where to stay clear from, and also showed us what route to take and where to go on the maps they provided. He was also very helpful when we asked about anything, and was due to him we knew where to go, and ended up having such a great time!

I couldn't recommend this hostel anymore, great staff and facilities. All in a great location being only a couple minutes walk from the station and city centre.

If I had to make one suggestion it would be more plug sockets. Although the man behind the desk was more than happy to plug it in there, and watch it for us.

Would definitely go back if in Amsterdam.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Riley404
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Firstly I just want to say, don't let the review below put you off of this great hostel. So many people think that they can get away with paying for one bed and then don't like it when they're told that two people can't stay and it's not fair to the owners! Please read my review and decide for yourself!

So... Me, my sister and my friend came to Amsterdam for the weekend to go to a festival (16hrs) and were desperately looking for a place just to get ready in. We went to many hostels/hotels and the guys at Aivengo were the only people willing to let us store our stuff and shower for a small fee. (Busy Valentine's weekend).

We didn't plan to sleep anywhere that night however we didn't enjoy the festival and ended up coming back earlier than expected and needed somewhere to sleep. Even though they were fully booked they let us fall asleep on the couches at reception (even gave us blankets) and told us that a group of people would be leaving within a few hours and that they would wake us up when they had the beds prepared... And so they did! Everyone had to check-out by 10am but they said that we could stay until 1pm even though they were closing the hostel for the week!

The hostel is very clean and has a lot of showers, a microwave for use and the bunk beds are surprisingly comfy! You can also store your luggage securely. It's a really nice drug-free friendly place to stay. It's a short 7 min walk to central station and about 4 mins to Dam sq, very convenient!

Trust me, you will be in very good hands! I would absolutely recommend this place for first-time hostellers.

The staff are so accommodating and Sergei the manager is the nicest guy EVER. Whenever we had any queries he always helped us. For the rest of our stay we couchsurfed and he was so kind to drive us all the way to our hosts house! All the other guys on reception are great too. If it wasn't for them I'm not sure what we would have done!!

We will definitely be returning on future trips to Amsterdam.

If Aivengo staff are reading this... Thank you again!! Tot ziens! :)

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends