“nice location”

Ranked #201 of 368 Hotels in Amsterdam
London, United Kingdom
“nice location”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Great location for the museums, the concert hall, and tram stops, and local restaurants ... friendly and helpful staff, and a good breakfast BUT ... noisy ! We had a ground floor room at the front ( Room 606 ), and in spite of the double glazing, the late night / early morning conversations from the pedestrians outside were easily heard as well as the noise from passing cars and the internal hotel doors closing with a loud 'clunk'. Comfy beds , but oh for a decent nights sleep :-(

Room Tip: Avoid room 606 - ground floor, road side ... maybe higher floors have less street noise?
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
GonulUyanik, General Manager at Apollo Museumhotel Amsterdam City Centre, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your experience on tripadvisor.com. I really appreciate it.

At first I would like to apologize about the noise you experienced during your stay. I wish you had made your complaint known during your stay so we could have acted at once. It is our passion to deliver great service so we could have moved you to another room. I do offer my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

Second I would like to thank you for your detailed review about your stay in Amsterdam and our hotel. We are glad you have enjoyed your stay and our location. We do hope to welcome you back in the future.

Gönül Uyanik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Good location south of the city centre while being far enough out to be quiet. Close to Rijks and van Gogh museums and offers a choice of routes thru various neighborhoods into town.

Good room size [but of course a tiny bathroom] and a clean room and hotel.

Excellent, well run buffet breakfast [didn't eat in or drink at the hotel at other times].

Very helpful staff, 2 PCs available for use & WiFi.

Would stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the east side which backs onto a side street and this was quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peter J
GonulUyanik, General Manager at Apollo Museumhotel Amsterdam City Centre, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review about our hotel. It was a pleasure having you as our guests a couple of days. Hopefully you will return someday back to the lovely city of Amsterdam and our hotel. I will share your kind words with the staff.

Oslo
Reviewed August 15, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for few nights. It has perfect location for museum fans - just few steps from national museum and Van Gogh. It is very nice location and very quiet. It is not far to the center neither, if you do not walk you can take a tram that stops just 2 minutes from the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thajek
New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Walking distance to the Leidseplan where you can find all cafés, restaurants and small shops. And right next to the Rijksmuseusm, really close to Heineken Experience, and also walking distance to Anne Frank Museum.
The room was comfortable with huge windows.
The staff couldnt be nicer. Decoration is a highlight! Breakfast was good too.
But I was really amazed by the location. The street where the hotel is located is amazing, full of nice stores. Finishing at the park. There is nothing negative to comment about this place.

Room Tip: My room was at the front so, if that was ok, I guess most rooms are.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank dbhgirl
GonulUyanik, General Manager at Apollo Museumhotel Amsterdam City Centre, responded to this review, August 31, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

…… what a great start for a review!!

I am delighted to read that the hotel and the staff have met your expectations! As the General Manager I am very proud to have such dedicated team members, I will share your comments with all of them!

Once again thank you for your review and we absolutely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again. We will do our utmost to make your stay memorable in a positive manner.

Kind Regards,

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Next to restaurantes, museums, shoppings, boat cruises, Hard Rock Cafe. Small rooms. Quiet place to stay. Nice breakfast. Free Wi Fi. Good staff, clean. Not good stairs in the entrance of the hotel, they need a ramp for the luggage.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
GonulUyanik, General Manager at Apollo Museumhotel Amsterdam City Centre, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for leaving a review on TripAdvisor to share your experience in our hotel with the rest of the world.

I am very happy to hear that you liked the location from our hotel- As you mentioned we are located right in the hart of the city centre.
We do have several room categories. We do have single - twin/double - triple - quadruple and deluxe rooms. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly upon your next arrival so we can discuss the several categories.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel and I hope we can welcome you again to the Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel.

Kind Regards,

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Very good hotel. Staff really helpful. The rooms are small and not helpful if you have big luggage. Really bad pillows. Has air conditioning. Very new and fresh. Really early checkout at 11h and has a 10 euro fine per hour is you stay in your room. Besides that, very clean and cozy. They have a printer next to the guest computer that helped me plan some of my reservations for the trip. I would/will come back and recommend to my friends, thought.

GonulUyanik, General Manager at Apollo Museumhotel Amsterdam City Centre, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay in the Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel.

Thank you very much for your kind words about your recent stay; I will share your kind words with the reception staff.

I am genuinely sorry to learn that you did not like the pillows that we provided in the room. I would like to encourage you to write me directly about what exactly your inconvience was with the pillows because we are always trying to improve our service and facilities.

Please do come and visit us again in the near future.

Boulder City
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Near city center & museum quarter, room was clean, very small, but quiet. staff was helpful, breakfast is extra, it is a buffet, but pretty comprehensive. coffee and juice free to guests. If you need a reasonably priced hotel, consider this place.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
GonulUyanik, General Manager at Apollo Museumhotel Amsterdam City Centre, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for posting this review on Tripadvisor. Your comments are of great importance and will help us in our efforts to continuously improve the standards you may expect.

I am sorry to hear that you describe your room as small and I would like to apologize for any inconvience. We do have several room categories and unfortunately I cannot see in which room you stayed in. An upgrade to a twin room or a deluxe room starts already from 10-25 euros extra a night per room.

Thank you again for your review and thank you so much for recommending our hotel to our future guests. We sincerely hope to welcome you back soon.