Apollo Museumhotel Amsterdam City Centre
$275
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $330/night.

$222
$276
$255
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $284/night.

$562
$350
Orbitz.com
The Toren(Amsterdam)
$536
$361
Orbitz.com
3,122 results
All reviewsgreat locationhard rock cafevan gogh museumrooms are smallmuseum quartermajor museumsheineken experiencebars and restaurantssingle roompublic transporttram stopdam squarecentral stationrijksmuseumcityeurope
Reviewed April 29, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed April 26, 2014

It's 4 weeks since we stayed at the Apollo Museum and this review is long overdue. I chose the hotel because of its location and had modest expectations but thanks to the attention and consideration of the reception staff these were well surpassed. I accept most rooms in this hotel are small - but believe this is reflected in the reasonable tariffs for such a prime location. We were fortunate enough to be upgraded on arrival to a sizeable room with 3 beds on the ground floor thanks to Hans' kind intervention. Hans also gave my colleague valuable and accurate airport travel information over the telephone when called prior to our departure. Luis responded promptly and efficiently in dealing with a problem with the door seal of our drinks cooler. Many hotels in this price category and above will charge exorbitantly for wi-fi access but here it is complimentary. The glass bathroom door was indeed something of a novelty - it seems to have been hung in reverse allowing a clear line of vision from outside in while reflecting from the inside the image of the person within the bathroom. Our bedding was spotless. We were blessed with glorious weather and exploited our choice location to the full! Thanks again to our attentive friendly and hospitable hosts!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Shakir S
sjoerdverkooijen, Front Office Manager at Apollo Museumhotel Amsterdam City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear Shakir, S

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I will accept your compliments on behalf of my team members, who I know to be constantly seeking to make every guest feel at home.

In addition we would like to express our gratitude for complementing our staff. It is our passion to deliver the best possible service every day again and guest compliments are the best motivation to strive to improve continuously.

Once more, thank you for taking the time to write about us.

Stan Straver

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I decided to make reservations for two rooms for 6 nights, 4/9-15/14, at the Apollo Hotel because of the reputation of Best Western hotels in the United States. When we arrived from our overnight flight we were greeted with a big smile and told we were important clients because we were staying six nights. Wrong! I was given a room, 112, where the sink bumped up against the front of the toilet. One night of side saddle would have been fine (I have been to 40+ countries in the last 10 years and have never had such an issue), but not for 6 nights. When I told the front desk, they told me they were full and they could move me the following day. The next day, I checked my bags in the AM and, after check-in time, moved into my new room, 038. I later learned my friend in room two had an upgrade and I had a basic room. The following morning I noticed I was itching my leg. It wasn't until that evening that I noticed the ants in my bed!!!! I walked out to the front desk (1am) ants in a tissue and showed them the bites on my legs and told them I was also itching on my back. The female clerk took a picture of my leg and took the ants and made arrangements to have my bedding changed. Because the sheets/coverlet did not fit my bed, they changed the bedding a second time. I gave the front desk my business card so that they knew I was a responsible citizen. I also asked if they would inform the manager about this. Despite sending a written complaint to the hotel and best Western, I have not heard a word from any on. They don't care!!! Don't go or check your bed!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
7  Thank Serendipitymaybe
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

We booked thru booking.com on 9/1/14. A party of 3 couples. Our monies were taken promptly and we thought there would be no problems.

On arrival at approx 2100 hrs after our evening flight from Edinburgh, on a busy Easter Holiday. We were hungry and just wanted to check in and go out to eat.

We were told there was a problem and the hotel was overbooked. We were assured that we would be upgraded to their sister hotel 4 star Ramada Apollo.

We complained that the reason for booking the Best Western was its location to the City Centre and that the hotel Ramada accommodation would mean travel in and out of the city each day.

2 very cheeky receptionists were on duty and one advised that we should be lucky we are not on the street tonight. We really weren't in the mood for this treatment and asked for a manager to come and speak to us.

We were then told that there was no manager on duty. The manager had been on day duty and could not be disturbed. The extent of staff on duty was 2 receptionists and 1 barman.

We would not recommend this hotel due to very poor customer service and lack of management to speak about dissatisfaction.

Totally unprofessional on every level.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank DW2667
sjoerdverkooijen, Front Office Manager at Apollo Museumhotel Amsterdam City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear,

First we would like to thank you for taking the time to write me in person after your recent stay in Amsterdam. We value every comment we receive, and will use it as a way to improve our service and product.

I would like to apologize we could not honor your reservation at the time of your check-in. I can assure you that it is not our policy to accept more reservations than rooms we have.

I can assure you that I have spoken severely about this with the team and understand that more coaching and training on the job is needed to provide a lack of professional service. Thank you for drawing your concerns to our attention as such feedback enables us to improve the quality of our facilities and service we provide.

I am glad we were able to work something out with direct contact.

Assuring you our best intentions at all times, we remain,

Yours sincerely,

Stan Straver
Front Office Manager

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I have become quite used to small hotel rooms in Europe, but this was far beyond small. The bathroom was immediately on the left as you entered, complete with glass walls as mentioned by others. I actually thought it was quite nice, but that's where my pleasure ended.

The room was unbelievably small, with a bed filling the space, a closet against a wall and a small desk. Nothing else, no room to move around, and no place for luggage. Not even a luggage stand available, or room to unfold one.

There are no amenities in the room. Forget a microwave, fridge, coffee service, etc. There isn't even a light for the desk.

My room had a view of the courtyard.

Service was great most of the time. My flight arrived far earlier than expected, and I was able to store my luggage and head off to a restaurant for breakfast. There was a room ready for me at 11:00AM, which might explain why I got stuck with this one.

Breakfast is definitely not worth the expense. The only hot item is eggs, everything else is cold and uninteresting. There are better options outside.

Unfortunately, Best Western membership status does not extend to European hotels, so I'll be sticking with IHG in the future.

The location was great, but otherwise this was a major disappointment.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo