“North Korea's lowest standard” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Amsterdam Inn Bed & Breakfast

Amsterdam Inn Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Amsterdam Inn Bed & Breakfast
You added Amsterdam Inn Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Ranked #295 of 330 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Paris, France
“North Korea's lowest standard”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

It was the worst hotel I've ever seen in my life !

Disgusting, everything is horrible : the receptionist is rude, you have to pay only in cash (strange huh ?). The room... how can we say it's a room ?!

No sheets, bugs on the walls, a mini fridge empty and dirty.
And the bathroom, incredible ! Very tiny, wet and dirty with a lot of sponge on the door. No toilet paper...

I think it's illegal to rent this kind of service.

NEVER NEVER NEVER GO THERE !

Room Tip: Don't go there, it's the worst place to enjoy your trip.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Willy75003

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Tongeren, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Ok so, you get what you pay for people. When I was here last year, that was 100 euros for 3 nights for a room with 2 large beds. Try finding that in the center, I dare you.
Moses wasn't rude at all to me. My guess is people get scared when they see the somewhat dilapidated door/bell and staircase. Not necessary at all. Not the cleanest joint in area but again, you get what you pay for! This is my standard place to stay when I visit Amsterdam.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Prague, Czech Republic
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We chose this hostel because of the reasonable price but it was a biiiig mistake and this place was literally a nightmare.
The whole place stunk from some paint or thinner. The room was not clean at all and the bed linen was really dirty. And the best part is that my girlfriend got a rash from the bed.
The smell was so terrible that we had to ask the stuff to change the room but he said he didnt have any available, he wasnt helpful at all and suggested us to open the windows (in the middle of the winter). Finally, we decided to leave the hostel at 2 AM but there was no wifi so we could not even find some other place and it took as 2 more hours to find one.

All in all, the place is absolutely terrible, the stuff is not helpful at all. The only good thing about this hostel was the fact that we left it.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kuajaz_Huajaz

Travelers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

liverpool england
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My Teenage son and his 2 friends have once again stayed here, they were once again met by the key holder Moses, who he described as sound ,, they had no trouble or problems at all, they got what they paid for and if they return will almost certainly stay here, the location is very good ,, I might add that if my teenage sons like it, then I will certainly not

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
playa del iglous
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Dont really know where to start on this hotel, aarrived at the hotel with a group of friends to celebrate my 21st birthday excited about the weekend head to be very dissapointed when we got there. The man at the desk was emtremly rude, when i seen the state of the hotel i was really dispointed when i asked for my money back the man just laughed at me. we had no choice but to stay there.. i am not one for complaining about hotels because never in them and try to spend my time out doors and making the most of the holiday but just wanted to warn others. . the place was reallly unclen, sheets were stained, place was infested in bugs, a couple stayng up above us refused to say agin after the firsy night and were told they couldnt get their money back, my friend also came home with a terrible rash all over from what we think was the place been so dirty and been bitten non stop... can do soooo much better for money. will never stay here again.. only good thing was the location

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Shellplayadeliglous
Leeds
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed here as we missed a connecting flight and no other rooms were available. The room was tiny, literally just enough space for three single beds. The "ensuite" was also tiny, just a shower and a toilet.

The room was dirty with rubbish left under the bed. The window didn't close and led onto a balcony meaning it was unsecure.

Worst of all the room had a bed bug infestation, I ended up with multiple bites. Upon searching under the bed the shell of the bugs were found.

The staff member we saw was helpful and polite. But the room was expensive for what it was at 33 euros per person.

Overall only stay here if it is a last resort.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank finbetting
Qrendi, Malta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

After reading all the negative reviews I feared the worst. If you don't expect anything then you would not be disappointed. We had a triple room which was very basic: three beds and a bathroom. The room is cramped and the bathroom didnt have a sink: just a shower and a toilet. If you stay for a short while this will not bother you. Since I went for three days I barely spent time in the room except to sleep and shower in it so nothing really bothered me. If you expect the best go for the high class hotels but these are way too expensive. I got a very good deal on queens day and since other hostels in Amsterdam are practically the same I was reasonably satisfied. The receptionist was very laidback like every other receptionist in Amsterdam and was kind enough to give us clean linen after two days since policy stated that they change it every three. The location was perfect, just across the street there was a smokers restaurant which I highly recommend called Barneys Uptown. A short and enjoyable walk would easily get you to the Damrak so you can say it is very central. If you are not such a moaner and the price is good I say go for it!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends