WINNER WONDERLAND

Amsterdam Inn Bed & Breakfast
Amsterdam Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #294 of 330 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
playa del iglous
“Terrible Worst Hotel I ever stayed in”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Dont really know where to start on this hotel, aarrived at the hotel with a group of friends to celebrate my 21st birthday excited about the weekend head to be very dissapointed when we got there. The man at the desk was emtremly rude, when i seen the state of the hotel i was really dispointed when i asked for my money back the man just laughed at me. we had no choice but to stay there.. i am not one for complaining about hotels because never in them and try to spend my time out doors and making the most of the holiday but just wanted to warn others. . the place was reallly unclen, sheets were stained, place was infested in bugs, a couple stayng up above us refused to say agin after the firsy night and were told they couldnt get their money back, my friend also came home with a terrible rash all over from what we think was the place been so dirty and been bitten non stop... can do soooo much better for money. will never stay here again.. only good thing was the location

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Shellplayadeliglous

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Leeds
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed here as we missed a connecting flight and no other rooms were available. The room was tiny, literally just enough space for three single beds. The "ensuite" was also tiny, just a shower and a toilet.

The room was dirty with rubbish left under the bed. The window didn't close and led onto a balcony meaning it was unsecure.

Worst of all the room had a bed bug infestation, I ended up with multiple bites. Upon searching under the bed the shell of the bugs were found.

The staff member we saw was helpful and polite. But the room was expensive for what it was at 33 euros per person.

Overall only stay here if it is a last resort.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank finbetting
Qrendi, Malta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

After reading all the negative reviews I feared the worst. If you don't expect anything then you would not be disappointed. We had a triple room which was very basic: three beds and a bathroom. The room is cramped and the bathroom didnt have a sink: just a shower and a toilet. If you stay for a short while this will not bother you. Since I went for three days I barely spent time in the room except to sleep and shower in it so nothing really bothered me. If you expect the best go for the high class hotels but these are way too expensive. I got a very good deal on queens day and since other hostels in Amsterdam are practically the same I was reasonably satisfied. The receptionist was very laidback like every other receptionist in Amsterdam and was kind enough to give us clean linen after two days since policy stated that they change it every three. The location was perfect, just across the street there was a smokers restaurant which I highly recommend called Barneys Uptown. A short and enjoyable walk would easily get you to the Damrak so you can say it is very central. If you are not such a moaner and the price is good I say go for it!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
liverpool england
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2012

my teenage son and his 7 friends stayed here, although it is basic, in his own words it was "SWEET", Location was very good and they had a great time, the guy who meets you on arrival was as he said "SOUND", they had no problems what so ever, probably not the place for my wife and myself, but it was well priced and in a safe area, my thanks to the staff

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank 5913
Clare, South Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

We booked a triple room via hotel club. After paying 170 euro in cash to the "receptionist" upon arrival we saw the room and demanded a refund. We couldnt even get a receipt for the money we paid. This accommodation is dirty, creepy and nothing like the photos on the website. The rooms are tiny, the ensuites are tinier and the toilet is practically in the shower cubicle with no handbasin. The sheets were dirty, had stains, holes in them, dirty marks. The staff extremely unhelpful. We left straight away and checked into a better hotel that was clean and safe.
We later found out this was listed on hostel world for 20 euro per night for a triple room. I am disgusted that Hotel Club listed such low standard accommodation on their website. Not happy at all
I would not recommend this to anyone, it is horrible. I will write a review on hotel club later once they have had a chance to process my refund, and let you know if its worth dealing with this website.

Room Tip: The best tip I have is do not stay here
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank Kylie C
San Juan, Puerto Rico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2011

After a long day of traveling, my husband and I arrived in Amsterdam at night. We walked to the hostel and that's when the nightmare begun. After about 15 minutes of incessantly knocking on the door, we went for a walk and came back a little later. We stood there for about 5 minutes when a guy finally opened the door. There was no elevator, instead we had to carry our luggage through a very steep flight of stairs. Everything was extremely dirty and shady. The bed wasn't made, the sheets were filthy and stained. The floor was grimy and disgusting. But the worst part was the bathroom. The floor was all wet and smelly and the shower had hairs and a collection of dirty sponges. We had to stay there for one night because we had to pay upon arrival and they later refused to give us our money back. Little to say that we didn't take a shower that night and slept in our clothes. Please, NEVER EVER EVER, stay in this hostel under any circumstances. I would rate this hostel less than one if
it was possible.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank Samdhya
Trondheim, Norway
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

We stayed at Amsterdam-inn for 7 nights. First we came and did not find the sign. We asked the local bar next-door and he told us that its a illegal B&B, thats why there's only a note on the buzzer. We made a deal with the owner to pay half by arriveing, and half after a cupple of days for economic reasons When we arrived the payment would be alot more expensive if we did not pay all at once. So our deal did nt mean a thing to him. We booked a dubble-room with private bath-room and a smal tea-kitchen with refrigerator, we got a to singlebeds pooshed together, and a walkin-closet- bathroom, and a refrigerator who did not work. The room was not cleand, I don't even think we got clean sheets. the window was impossible too close, so we got sick. There was no fire-escape and very noisy. Our last morning there we were gonna ceak-out at 11. am, the owner had not informed us any differently about their cheak-out time, so we guest from previous experiance. At 9.45 am the owner knooked on our door, got inn to our room and turned on the light. He looked at us, said: "It is time to cheak-out now" and left. We were still in the bed, sleeping when he went in. He had no clue what service is, and he was creepy.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple