Bed & Breakfast Adriaen van Ostade
Ambassade Hotel(Amsterdam)
$248
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $296/night.

$244
$212
$353
Lloyd Hotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$104
$88
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbalcony roomde pijpb and btrendy neighborhooddutch breakfastquiet areastay there againwithin walking distancecoffee makeramsterdam tripcomfortable bedrestaurants and barsgreat place to staymini fridgeshort walkperfect locationcentral station
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed with B&B Van Ostade for a night in September. Our host Jasper was the most welcoming, helpful and kind. The room was very specious, clean and quiet. The king size bed was very comfortable.

We appreciated the location of the appartment. Centrally located in a historic house, the B&B is situated up a few flights of stairs that are typical of the city's architecture. Close to a tram route that brings you directly to the Central station.

Jasper has made us feel like home and we will gladly return.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank britony
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed at Ostade B&B for a week, at the top room. Great location, very homely place.

I strongly recommend on choosing the top room, even though it requires climbing the slightly-steep stairwell (classic Dutch architecture feature, from what I saw). The reason for that is that the top room has an adjacent communal living room, equipped with a TV + DVD (the room had a TV too), a PC connected to the internet + a printer, a bookshelf with various travel books, lots and of DVDs and a kitchen.

During most of the day, the tenants of the other floors did not bother to climb all the way up, so we practically had an entire spacious suite to ourselves - room+kitchen+living room, and for a very reasonable price. We could make our breakfasts or dinners there in privacy, or relax on the sofa.

When we first entered, we got an entire fridge full of complimentary drinks: wine, beer, coke, juice etc, no extra charge. Even though we stayed there for 7 days, we didn't manage to finish them all, and believe me - we tried.

Bathroom - great, roomy. Cleanliness - perfect. Very quiet yet nice location. There's a branch of the affordable Albert Heijn supermarket chain across the street (good pre-packed meals), that's open till 22:00, and there's a 24x7 nightshop just around the corner. There's a nice aromatic bakery nearby too. The Arlbert Cuyp market is within a very short walk. There are several tramstops there, with very frequent trams leading to all the central locations and tourist attractions.

Furthermore, the owners were very congenial and helpful, and gave us good travel tips. I saw that a lot of reviewers here mentioned that the staircase was a tad steep - it was no big deal, in fact it gave the place an authentic Dutch vibe, and it was just three floors anyway. I wouldn't want to stay in one of those dull chain hotels that look exactly the same in every city in the world, just to have an elevator.

I'd stay there again!

- Dar.

Room Tip: Choose the top room!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JaneLame
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I greatly enjoyed my stay at Adriaen van Ostade. The place was conveniently located to tram lines and walking distance to the Albert Cuyp Market, which is a fun place to check out. I greatly appreciated Jasper's help in navigating the local area, he gave me some recommendations of places to visit and also helped me figure out my transportation via train back to the airport.

The place itself is very comfortable and like a home away from home, there were books, movies, guidebooks and snacks for guests. The room was clean and had a mini-fridge and a very comfortable bed.

I would highly recommend staying here if you're visiting Amsterdam. The neighborhood is great and easy to get to, and the place is wonderful to stay at.

Room Tip: I had a room on the top floor and really liked it.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank blustar85
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Jasper is the most friendly and accomodating host who is very happy to have long chats with you. Nothing is too much trouble and he provides a wonderful array of food for breakfast. I love the fact that the room is fully serviced to have your breakfast when ever you want, but it is also spacious and well lit. Every little detail from the abundance of snacks to a welcome bottle of wine makes the visit a real treat. We would definitely book again when next we come to Amsterdam.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlisonO_144
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I stayed here in March, and really enjoyed my new found home away from home. I arrived after a 9 hour flight from Canada, and used the directions given to me by Jasper. It only took 20 Minutes to get from the airport to the front door of the B+B. I was met by Jasper and was made to feel at home right away.
My room was the balcony room, which was nice and bright, With a very comfortable bed. It has a small fridge, and sink, toaster etc. And was already stocked with beer, wine, pop, bread, cheese, and some sandwich meat, which was a very nice surprise. On the top floor, was a very nice little kitchen and small lounge, that had a TV, and a computer with a printer, also a very nice surprise. There is a very good selection of Amsterdam information. The B+B is a little south of the city center, which makes it nice and quiet. It is very easy to get anywhere in the city by the tram, which is only a 5 minute walk away, or about a 25 minute walk to Dam Square.
And then there is Jasper. I can honestly say I have never met such a gracious host. It quickly becomes clear that he is passionate about his home and his city. There is nothing that I wanted to know that he could not help me with.
I stayed here for 3 days at the start of my trip, and for 2 days at the end. My only regret is I could not stay longer.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo