“Pleasant stay with helpful staff”

Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport
Ranked #126 of 371 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Stayed here for 3 days. I would say that the hotel is 'average' - the room I had was rather basic if I'm honest with a lot of scuffs on the paintwork etc - it was in need of a little renovation. Bed was comfortable (hypnos mattess) but 2 twin beds and since one was on wheels it does make pushing them together into a double impossible! - only one extra pillow which I felt was odd in a double room. Also, tea and coffee facilities again, only one cup and spoon for the double room, and only powdered creamer (rubbish in tea!) My main issue with the room was that there is no possibility to get natural air into it - the windows are sealed so it feels like you are in a hermitically sealed 'cell'. There is air conditioning in the room, but fresh air would be nice. Food throughout the stay was pleasant, if a little 'samey'. Car parking is secure, although the permit card and barrier system are a little temperamental. The shuttle bus to and from the airport was excellent - always bang on time and the drivers were courteous, as were the reception staff in making bookings for it etc. I've stayed in better hotels for the price, but I would not have a problem using this one again.

Room Tip: I think most rooms are similar.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Dear hobbes3469

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

It is good to read that you found our shuttle bus service excellent! This also counts for naming our shuttle bus drivers and reception staff to be courteous! Thank you very much, this is of course what we expect of our personnel and is highly important to deliver excellent service. Furthermore I want to respond to you regarding the windows that are sealed. In all hotels at the Schiphol area there is no possibility to open the windows in the rooms because of the airplanes that are flying very low over the hotel, therefore the noise will be too loud in the rooms. I am sorry as well for only having one cup in your room for the tea/coffee facility. I would like to offer you my sincere apologies and I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you during your stay at our hotel.

Thank you again for your review and comments. We look forward welcoming you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Thus hotel was great the facilities were 5 star. Clean, great service and friendly. The location was just outside the city centre. Which was just a small walk and tram rude away. Food was a little pricey but great quality. Breakfast was plentiful and filling. Before our flight home.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear Madi2405,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

I also want to thank you for your very positive words! It is wonderful to receive this feedback about our hotel. For example that you share that our facilities are great and that you found it a 5 star rating! I want to thank you as well for the comment about the clean, great service and friendliness from our personnel, this is where we strive for as hotel, to offer you as guest the best possible service.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

We ended up staying overnight due to a delayed flight but it was a good hotel to be stranded in. Food was fantastic and the room was modern and clean with a large shower in the bathroom. The only niggle I had was a restless night caused by tiny half length pillows and slightly hard bed. But the room had a uk plug which was very handy as I forgot the adapter. The staff were friendly and helpful and the shuttle bus started very early. Although, it is further out from the airport than you might expect. The airline covered our costs so I cannot comment on pricing or value for money.

Room Tip: I stayed on the ground floor and it was still quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Scott M
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear Scott M,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

I want to thank you as well for your very nice comments that you have shared about our hotel. Our chef always wants to deliver the best dishes to our guests and it is more than a pleasure to read that you found the served food fantastic! As well as that the staff was friendly and helpful! This is where we strive for as hotel, to make your stay comfortable and delivering good service!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Although it was the second time for me being here, the second wasn't that good as the first time. I did like their spa area, this time the sauna didn't work and at the reception they didn't want to give me a badrope as this seems to be only for executive rooms.
The food and service in the restaurant was excellent. Rooms are not to big, but clean and comfortable. Will come again and hope their spa will work.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear Robert Reesink,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

It is good to hear that you will visit us again in the future and that the experience in the restaurant was excellent! Furthermore a clean and comfortable room is always what we aim for in our hotel. We want to offer the highest possible quality to our guests on every front! Therefore I am very sorry to hear that the staff wasn’t able to provide you a bathrobe and I am sorry as well for the inconvenience the sauna caused you during your visit at our hotel. Hopefully this will not occur in the future again!

Thank you again for your review and comments. We look forward welcoming you soon.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

The shuttle service is really easy and convenient.
It runs every 30 minutes from the hotel shuttle area.

Clean hotel with a helpful staff.

It's a 50 Euro cab ride to the city center.
But a 10-15 walk to the nearest train station.

A draw back is that the Wi-Fi service is only accessible in the lobby area.
Also, instead of a queen or king bed. We received 2 twins pushed together.
Not ideal, but not the worst.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear W M,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

It is good to hear that you found the shuttle service easy and convenient. And that you share with everybody that we have a clean hotel with helpful staff! Thank you very much for these very positive comments! Furthermore I want to share with you that we are currently negotiating with different companies to improve the internet in the whole hotel. For the next time when you visit our hotel, I would like to advise that if you can leave a note with the booking, that you write that you really want to have a queen bed. This to prevent any misunderstanding in the room choice.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I stayed here 1 night after i came back in late in Holland. The hotel is really nice designed. The rooms are big and have very comfortable beds. When I arrived i also had some food in the restaurant. The food taste very nice, but is maybe a little bit overpriced. The rate for the hotel is very good. Also it is really close to the airport, but far away to her no noise from the airplanes.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Lionel_Bessi
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Dear Lionel_Bessi,

Thank you for your great comment on TripAdvisor.

It is really nice to hear that you’ve appreciated the whole hotel. For us it is very important to give the best service to all our guests because hospitality is one of our main priorities.

It has been an absolute pleasure to welcome you and we look forward to seeing you again to Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport or to one of our affiliated hotels when your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

This is very close to the airport. Brand new and very chic! Lots of shopping near by. Bed was pretty comfy as well. I like to stay here because it is close to the airport and nicest place around. Service was really good as well.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BostonBabeBoston_MA
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Dear BostonBabeBoston_MA,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

I want to thank you as well for all your very nice comments that you have shared about our hotel. It is good to read that you found the bed comfortable and that you experienced our hotel as “brand new and very chic”. Furthermore it is great to read that you found our hotel “the nicest place around” and that you experienced the service as “really good”. This is where we strive for as hotel, to make your stay comfortable and delivering good service.