“convenient and good service”

Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport
Ranked #126 of 371 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Had the opportunity to stay there on a business trip for one night. The hotel is in a quiet business area not far away from the airport. Large parking facility. Welcome desk is fine, rooms are clean and. This is cabled internet but no wifi in the room ( no MAC sorry....annoying)...wifi only on public space for free....Restaurant food was ok, great breakfast as well...and bar is a pleasant place. this airport hotel is easy to access and brings a great value for money. Service was really nice and courteous.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear mannecker,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

First of all I also want to thank you for your nice comments about the service of our staff and the response that the hotel visit in combination with the easy access was a great value for your money. I have shared these nice comments with my staff and they really appreciated it. In regards to your feedback about the cabled internet I would like to share with you that we are currently looking at several options with different companies to improve this service to wireless internet.

Furthermore it has been a pleasure to welcome you and we look forward seeing you again at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport or at one of our affiliated hotels when your travels bring you back to the area!

There are newer reviews for Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport

Reviewed March 3, 2014

The shuttle buses run only every half an hour. After waiting outside the airport for 25 minutes, the shuttle arrived but simply sailed past without stopping. Catching a taxi was expensive and unpopular with the taxi driver. Once at the hotel, the staff were attentive and the room basic but pleasant. The best surprise was the restaurant where I was served excellent quality food by friendly staff. Overall a good experience and at a very reasonable price, however I would hesitate to stay again becasue of the shuttle bus issue.

1  Thank Robby007

Dear Robby007,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I am happy to read that you liked your stay at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport and the service of our staff.

I am very sorry that the shuttle bus didn’t stop at the bus stop, there is a possibility that our shuttle bus stopped some meters before the actual bus stop and that he did not notice more waiting guests. Normally our shuttle bus driver stops at the bus stop to make sure all guests that need to be transferred to our hotel are picked up. However this may not happen, therefore again my sincere apologies and I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you during your travel.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I chose this hotel for my last night stay in Amsterdam before flying back home the next day. The transit from the Schiphol airport shuttle bus pick up to the hotel is so breeze and easy that it was not a hassle at all to get the shuttle transfer to the hotel. Moreover, the shuttle bus is spacious with a dedicated baggage space for you to load your luggage conveniently at the back of the bus and definitely not forgetting the helpful shuttle driver who took around 10 minutes to get us from airport to the hotel.

My check in at the hotel reception was a breeze and before I knew it, I was feeling comfortable in my room! The room is neat, tidy and clean! The bed was very comfortable that I had my good night sleep. The breakfast was a wide variety of food and tasted real good!

The shuttle transfers between the hotel and airport is so convenient that I don't need to wait more than 20 minutes for the bus!

Dear AlexKhoo,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

I am very happy to read that you liked your stay at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport and that you found it comfortable. It is also great to read that you are very positive about our shuttle bus service, the check-in at the front desk and the room.

It has been a pleasure to welcome you and we look forward seeing you again at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport or at one of our affiliated hotels when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

This was a bit of a hike by shuttle bus, but the bus service was efficient and the restaurant/room was worth the hassle.

The room was modern and very clean and QUIET. I had a great sleep after perhaps the best salad I have ever tasted.

No wifi in room, so bring a gadget to hook up to a hardwired high speed cable.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear wanderingbark,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to hear that you appreciated our bus service and that the restaurant and room was worth the hassle. It is really important that you can have a good night sleep and I am very thrilled to hear that we could give you a good night sleep. It is also amazing to hear that you had the salad ever! Thank you very much for your nice comment. I will share it with the Chef. Lastly, about the Internet service I would like to thank you for the tip and I would also like to share with you that we are currently looking at several options with different companies to improve this service.

It has been a pleasure to welcome you and we look forward to seeing you again to Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport or to one of our affiliated hotels when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I stayed here as a stop over and booked with club carlson points ( I stay in rezidor hotels all year so have so many points on my account I thought that I might as well use some up).
The free shuttle bus from the airport is very useful.
The reception / lobby area appears cold and unwelcoming and receptionist was efficient but withdrawn. Very much a corporate " I have to tell you these points" without the usual rezidor (Radisson) appearance of caring.
Room was a very good size but didn't like the separate toilet which was a fair distance from the main bathroom.
Disappointed that there was no complimentary water available. Kettle and cups for making coffee but no coffee!

Bed comfortable.

I did not eat in the hotel but I noticed that the food was a little on the expensive side.

I'm not sure if it is a ploy to make you hungry, but in the evening I could smell French fries in the air con and in the morning toast!

Would I stay again? Probably, just for the convenience of the airport but not in an executive room.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear bryan S,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

It is wonderful to hear that you appreciate our shuttle service. I am therefore very sorry to hear that the receptionist was withdrawn. I will make sure that this will not happen again because making you feel welcome is one of our main priorities. Regards to your feedback about our room I am very happy to hear that you loved the size of the room, but you didn’t like the separate toilet from the main bathroom. I would like to inform you that we have superior rooms. These rooms are a little bit smaller but they do have a toilet in the bathroom. Furthermore I am very sorry to hear that there wasn’t any coffee in the room. I will tell the Housekeeping department that they need to double check the room during cleaning to prevent similar situations in the future. On a more positive note I am very happy to read that you find our beds comfortable. A good rest is very important.

It has been a pleasure to welcome you and we look forward to seeing you again to Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport or to one of our affiliated hotels when your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

My company hosted its very first public conference over four days at the Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport Hotel and without any doubt, the venue contributed enormously to the success of the event.

From the outset, the staff and management were fantastic, assisting in every aspect of the booking, logistics preparation and accommodation reservations. On arrival the day before the event, they provided workspace and allocated both an events manager and a logistics manager to help us. The staff were great, very friendly and professional and always happy to do that little extra just to help. Of particular note are Ilona and Leon.

On food - what a buffet! The chefs asked what we wanted, we pointed out a number of vegetarians and vegans, then left it to them. The breakfast was excellent, coffee breaks always accompanied by something sweet and something savoury, while lunches, both buffet style and seated were tasty and catered for all taste and needs. But the piece de la resistance was the formal evening buffet, which followed on from champagne roundtable discussions - a great eastern fusion with unlikely combinations put together to tease the taste buds - well done team, it was fantastic.

The conference venue was large and comfortable and despite a local area power failure, enormously successful. The majority of delegates stayed at the hotel and all complimented the facilities on offer, from the lounge through to the exercise area and the bedrooms. My executive room had a separate lounge, ample room to work and a comfortable bed for that precious conference commodity, sleep.

I would not hesitate to book our next conference at the Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport Hotel and meanwhile, am heading back there with my spouse for a weekend away to recover!

Dear Mike F,

Thank you for your amazing review!

I am really thrilled to read that you had such a wonderful experience at our hotel during your conference. It is fantastic to read that you enjoyed our staff in every department and especially Leon and Ilona. I’ve shared these comments with them and it really made their day. It is really our main priority to give you a home away from home with good food and a good room where you can find the rest you need. It is just amazing to read how detailed you describe all the departments in our hotel and I really want to thank you for that.

I am very happy to read that your event was a success and we are looking forward to welcome you back again in our hotel!

Hotel manager

Reviewed February 11, 2014

The rooms at this hotel are spacious and convenient to the airport. The free shuttle runs every half hour and it takes about 10 minutes to get to the airport. However, it's a good idea to reserve a space on the shuttle to the airport as they do fill up. Breakfast was superb, but all of the food is expensive. There is nothing else in the area of the hotel, so if you want something other than the hotel restaurant, you're back on the shuttle to the airport. It was a comfy place to set my head for the night.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear Emily H,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

I am very happy to read that you liked your stay at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport and that you found it comfortable. I appreciate that you advise others’ about our shuttle service. Furthermore it is great to hear that you really liked the breakfast, because we want to serve the best possible quality to all our guests. I would like to inform you that if you compare the prices in our restaurant with the prices in the city centre of Amsterdam, you will see that the prices are comparable. This will not take away the inconvenience and for that I would like to apologize.