New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #113 of 364 Hotels in Amsterdam
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Great Pass by Hotel..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

++ room & bathroom are big and clean..
++ Free shuttle bus from and to the airport.. it goes every 30 min, start from 5 in the morning until 12 midnight.. great if your early morning or late flight..

-- only one, wifi not provided in the room, but at the lobby wifi is free and fast..

I am very satisfied, sadly is that the hotel quite cheap only on weekends, we tried to book during the week and the price went high..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you Magda N for posting and adding another 5 star review for our hotel.
I also like to thank you for your comment about our wifi service and I am happy to let you know that our technical department is currently working towards a wifi connection throughout the hotel in the near future and hopefully this will be in place the next time you’ll visit us.

In regards to the pricing of our rooms I would like to share with you that these are fluctuating throughout the year. I would like to invite you to contact me personally next time you’d like to make a reservation. I will be happy to check if there are special offers during that time.

Thank you once again for your recommendation and I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We stayed two nights on Nov 2013, (we were lucky and the weather was fine) , the room was very clean and nice, rich breakfast and varieties of fruit.

There are shuttles to the airport every 30 min where you can take a train into Amsterdam.

The staff was very helpful and elegant . (Thank you Catarina)

Wi-Fi is ONLY available in the lobby with a proper signal, but you CAN'T use Wi-Fi in the room because of a very weak signal.. ( This was a great problem for us.)

Pets are not allowed.

Room Tip: Don't count on Wi-Fi in the rooms.... very weak signal.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thanks for posting this great review Al0n_C and for choosing our hotel for your trip to Amsterdam! I have shared your kind words with our staff and of course with Catarina. Your words made her day!
I am also happy to read about your positive experience with our transportation service to and from the city of Amsterdam.

I am taking note of your comments about our Wifi service, I am aware of the weak signal in some of our rooms and I do apologize. Fortunately I can let you know that our technical department is working hard towards a strong internet connection throughout the entire hotel for the near future.

We are looking forward welcoming you again on your next visit to this area!

Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Hotel services are very good in general, and good choice if not looking for location in busy areas.
Staff is very friendly, professional, with welcoming approach, and willing to help in case of any problem.
room is generally well equipped, even if it doesn't have always refrigerator.
the linen are smelling stink a bit, even if they look clean; I think they could improve it.
Car parking is provided at little daily rate.
Internet is free in the room, but not always working.

Room Tip: ask for a room where internet connection is good (lower floors).
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear GIAMA69

Thank you for posting and adding this great review. I am happy to read that you felt welcome and that you enjoyed the hospitality of our staff. I have shared your kind comments with the entire team and they too are delighted to have provided such a great experience with us.

I have discussed your comment with the Housekeeping Manager and she will look into the condition of the sheets. I’d like to thank you for remark, as this feedback is of such importance to us, but I also like to apologize as I can imagine the inconvenience this might have cost you. It would have been our pleasure to provide you with new bed linen. If we have the chance to welcome you again in the future I’d like to encourage you to please let us know during your stay of any problems you might encounter. This way we can do our best to find a solution.

I am also happy to let you know that we are working towards a better internet coverage throughout our hotel.

Once again thank you for your recommendation and comments. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Warm Regards,

Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Clean, very good service, rooms are really nice, it's close to the airport ( there's a free shuttle to and from the airport ) and not too far from the city centre ( if you go by taxi it's about 40 € )

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thanks for this great review Adele P!
I am pleased you enjoyed our service and our rooms.

I am also happy to share that in addition to the free shuttle bus to and from Schiphol Airport, we currently offer our guests also a shuttle service to the city center. For the amount of 9,50 € into the city and 7,50 € for the way back you can choose to be dropped off either on Dam Square, at The Anne Frank House or in the middle of the museum area where you can find the Van Gogh Museum, The Rijksmuseum and The Stedelijk Museum.

Thank you once again for your recommendation and I hope we can welcome you back again soon!

Warm Regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel for a few timws now whenever I come for work in Amsterdam. For the advance booking price on offer this is probably most value for money .

Airport sounds far for a foreign traveller, but its very well connected to the city and transport is cheaper. Shuttle every 30 mins between airport and hotel and then airport train station ios very well connected to teh city. Dont spend money in a dump in main city . Chose this and you would not be disappointed

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Wow! Thank you so much for this great 5 star review sumitgupta_mit and for your continued loyalty.

It is absolutely great to read your feedback about our free transportation service to the airport. I do hope that during your next stay with us you’ll have the time to go to Amsterdam as we now also provide direct transportation the city center. For the amount of 9,50 € the shuttle will drop you off at one of three different locations in the city.

Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

My booking was an unorthodox one, as my flight was overbooked, and I was forced into a hotel in close proximity to Schiphol airport. I like to plan these things carefully, and in advance, so I was already not in the best of moods.
Let's deal with the positive points first. The shuttle bus was regular, the driver friendly, the seats not uncomfortable, and the trip both short and free. The front desk staff were helpful, despite putting up with an awful lot of crap from other patrons on issues that weren't the hotel's fault.
I never tried the food, I was on a schedule.
The hotel corridors were... foreboding. Reminiscent of an overnight ferry (but not as well lit).
The room was adequate for the purposes. My shower was a bit temperamental, but that wasn't the end of the world. I had a problem with the room temperature, but that may well have been me, and not the fault of the hotel. ;)
The worst thing about the hotel was the smell in the lobby. I'm guessing it was stagnant water.. there was definitely a sewer-y reek about the place. Not something you want to be hit with upon entering the place which will be your temporary home.
So, all in all, average. Highly dependent on available pricing.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Stormachtig
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Stormachtig,

Thank you for taking the time to put your feedback on TripAdvisor. We are happy to see that you've enjoyed our Front Office Staff in being hospitable and welcoming during your unexpected lay-over.

I am sorry to note your comments about a smell in the lobby. I can assure you that his is not regular occuring problem and this is the first time I hear about this. I will nevertheless look into it and will do everything I can to prevent this situation in the future. My apologies.

Thank you for your review and I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards,
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We had a great stay. Pros: location across from the train station so easy access from the airport, trams and buses also go from there. Walking distance to themain attractions. Cons: breakfast is expensive for a small buffet. Rooms were clean but the walls are sooooooo thin you can hear everything

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank francis b
Thank you francis b for this great review with the perfect header! I am glad you’ve experienced our location as convenient and positive. This is wonderful to hear.

I am sorry to note your comments on your breakfast experience, I have shared these with our Restaurant Manager to ensure the variety and the high standards of the breakfast usually delivered is maintained. I also like to share with you the better prices when booked in advance.

Thanks again for your recommendation and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.