“Convenient Airport Hotel”

Ranked #129 of 365 Hotels in Amsterdam
Navi Mumbai, India
“Convenient Airport Hotel”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed for one night: Selected the place due to its proximity with to the airport train station and it was one of the cheapest deals at USD 85 per night on expedia. This is an airport hotel 9 kms from Schipol Airport. There's an airport shuttle every 30 mins from hotel/airport which makes the location of this place irrelevant as we can travel from the airport by train to almost anywhere. The hotel is close to a tram station which I didnt try.
The hotel room was clean with the regular set of LCD TV, Comfortable bed, Cupboard, toileteries. Breakfast is charged extra. Wifi is available in public areas but I did get the signal in my room. Else you need to connect through the LAN cable.
Staff is not friendly: typically no nonsense and cold- but doesn't affect much other than check -in.

Room Tip: Not much choice here: There are one's facing the highway & one's facing a BMW showroom
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank pankaj078
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you for your review pankaj078.
I am glad you’ve enjoyed your stay with us and experienced our location as convenient. This is wonderful to hear.

I am however disappointed to read you found the staff during check-in not friendly. I apologize if they came across as such, especially since being hospitable is one of our priorities. In my opinion it’s not enough to enjoy a clean room with a comfortable bed, on top of this you should feel welcome with us. I do hope we can welcome you back in the future to redeem ourselves.

I also hope that by that time our internet service will have coverage throughout the entire hotel; our Technical Department is working hard getting the connection in place.

Once again thank you for your recommendation and feedback and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Michigan
Reviewed October 25, 2013

After a long trip, we arrived at this hotel only to be told that they were overbooked and did not have a room for us, a room I reserved 5 months ago! To their credit, they had arranged a booking at another hotel which was actually at a better location for us. They fully paid for the taxi to the other hotel and for the return to the airport the following day. My only complaint was the receptionist and the way this was handled. She was quite abrupt and did not seem to care how disappointing it was to not have a room for sleep after an 12-hour overnight flight nor have another 40-min taxi ride to the next hotel.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Cynthia H
Dear Cynthia H,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to read that even though you had to experience the rare situation of an over-booked hotel, the solution to change to another hotel was offered swift and to your satisfaction.

However, I have shared your review with our Front Office Manager and our Reception Staff as I do agree that friendliness and customer service is of the highest importance in situations like these.

We’d welcome the opportunity to redeem ourselves and look forward to doing so in the near future.

Quito, Pichincha, Ecuador
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I guess you could say that at least there was wifi but it's not that nice to skype when you're in the lobby with a 100 other people trying to do the same. The rooms were big and nice, also it had a great view from our window. Probably it's a good idea for staying close to the airport but it's way too far from the action of Amsterdam.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank e125angel
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thank you for your review e125angel. It’s wonderful to read that you’ve enjoyed your stay in one of our spacious rooms.

In regards to your feedback about our internet service I am happy to let you know that our Technical Department is currently working hard to have a Wifi connection in place throughout the entire hotel. In the near future you will be able to enjoy your Skype conversation while being in the private setting of your room.

I also like to share with you that even though we are located in the proximity of the airport we provide an easy shuttle service to and from the city center of Amsterdam. Our staff at the Front Desk is more than happy to inform you about all the transportation options to experience the action of the city.

Once again thank you for your review and comments. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Warm Regards,

Bawtry, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel about twenty minutes before I arrived due to some confusion with another booking.

There is a shuttle bus right outside the airport which is then a ten minute drive from the airport. It took quite a long time for the bus to come which was quite annoying.

Check in was easy and the bar and restaurant looked very inviting. I just opted for room service as it was late. The burger was fab.

Lack of wifi was disappointing, but that's probably only negative.

Nice airport stopover hotel

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your review Scaltini30! I am happy to read that we were able to accommodate you in such short notice and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

In regards to our shuttle bus I can let you know that it’s usually prompt, however when traffic is jammed it could be a few minutes late. Unfortunately there is no other route for the shuttle to take to and from the airport than the highway. My apologies for your waiting time.

I also like to share with you that our Technical Department is currently working hard to have a Wifi connection in place throughout the entire hotel. I hope that during your next visit you can enjoy a fast Wifi connection in your room.

Thanks once again for your recommendation and I am looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Doetinchem, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located approx 15 minutes from the airport. It has comfortable rooms and good service. Free shuttle bus runs every 30 minutes to and from the airport from 6 AM till midnight. Sometimes good rates for park & fly available. Parking normally 5 euro's a day. Good for stopovers or to catch and early flight. This hotel is perfect if you want a little more than a Ibis.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear SvR1705,

It’s wonderful to read you enjoyed the comfortable rooms, our service and your overall stay with us.

Thank you for your review and recommendation, I hope we'll be able to welcome you back again soon.

Florida, USA
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Great marked shuttle pick up spot at the airport. Staff was friendly at check in and gave us a map to the metro/tram stop so we could do some exploring. The walk was a bit long but not a problem. On the return, we decided to take the metro to the airport and catch the free shuttle as it was after dark. Room was well appointed and comfortable. We enjoyed the on site restaurant and bar. Very convenient and comfortable.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for this great review chawinflut.

I am glad to read that you found your way around so you could explore the city of Amsterdam. I hope you’ve enjoyed some of the highlights the city has to offer.

And it's of course wonderful that you felt welcome in our hotel with our friendly staff and our cozy yet lively bar and restaurant. I do hope to welcome you back soon when your travels bring you back to this area!

Warm Regards,