I will start with the positives. Staff were all very helpful and polite. Hotel is generally very clean and feels well laid out and easy to find everything. The room, although fairly small, was clean, comfortable and quiet. Spa only has a steam room and sauna but it is better than nothing. The breakfast choice was pretty good and tasty. The restaurant food was also very good but a little expensive (but what can you expect nowadays).
Now the downsides. Location, location, location! This hotel is not near the airport as you may think, it cost 30 Euros to get a taxi to the hotel!!!! The tram is a good 20 minute walk away and is very easy to get lost in trying to find it. There is no interconnecting bus service or anything like that so you are on your own. It took me over an hour each day to travel by tram to where I needed to be in Amsterdam and I felt a large part of each day was wasted. I would not return to the hotel on this basis alone unless I could not find a hotel closer to the centre.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport is strategically located close to the A9, a 10-minute drive from Schiphol Airport and Amsterdam centre. The hotel offers a private shuttle service. Pick-up from the airport is free of charge, return is at a fee.The hotel offers comfortable rooms, a stylish bar and restaurant, a mini-gym and a wellness centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport Hotel Amsterdam
- Holiday Inn Amsterdam Schiphol
- Amsterdam Holiday Inn