“Good location”
Review of Il Giardino Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Il Giardino Hotel
Ranked #334 of 375 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Brilliant location, very close to everything.

As for the room....the view was of a wall and an air conditioner, the walls had loads of marks on them, no wardrobe to put your clothes....just a bed a table and a chair.
The beds were brilliant though...very soft and comfortable...clean linen, and a very clean and nice bathroom with a good shower.
Would recommend if you're on a budget and but want to be close to town centre.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Popa A

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Room Tip: Room 22 has the best view, but the shower is very hot!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed May 5, 2014

This place was terrible!! Even the lady at reception advised us to rather look at the place first before we commit to staying!
The outside was terrible, and although we were in Amsterdam, the floors were so smokey with weed that it was difficult to breathe, the balcony had never been cleaned
Location was the only plus as it was close to the central station
We didn't stay there, which led us to having to go hunting for an alternative on our 1 day there on a week that everywhere was fully booked!!! Probably won't use your site again to book a hotel. The hotel was misrepresented by your site!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I booked the hotel for a friend and myself after reading the hotels website and the fact it was in an excellent location. Firstly the pictures are fake the reception is not a homely restaurant but a kebab shop. The staff were rude and hardly gave us a warm welcome.
The stairs are a lethal death-trap. We had a massive suitcase and of course they gave us a room on the first floor!
When we eventually arrived there was a cable plugged in across our door. The corridor stank of a mixture of sweat and musky cheap aftershave.
The room was dark and dingy the view was of a brick wall and if you looked out of the window you could quite clearly see the guy in the next room in bed so he could probably see us as well. The window didn't shut properly so every night we had a mosquito. The bed was comfortable but bedding was dirty my duvet wasn't even in the cover properly. Light switches didn't work and there was a mini bar type fridge just dumped next to the bed. The chairs round the table had some questionable stains on them.
The noise was horrific every night you could hear doors slamming, people walking up the stairs. Don't even get me started on the person upstairs moving furniture about every night for about four hours!
Was told there was a hairdryer in the room description there wasn’t one. One towel to last us four days. I'll give them props for the shower which was amazing but it flooded the wet room which would have been fine had the toilet been separate but you had to virtually dive in and swim to use the toilet if someone had just showered. Toilet seat was broken which meant when you sat on it you got flung off to the other side of the room. and the radiator was leaking. I was bitten something stupid (probably by bed bugs) and now have bites all over my arms
Oh you may have guessed from other reviews it was room number 25!
We cut our trip short by a day and changed our flights to come home early because we couldn't bare staying there another night!
We showed them the same courtesy they showed us and made sure we left the room in a bigger mess and slammed every single door possible at 6am in the morning!!
Avoid this hotel at all costs I’d rather have slept in one of the windows on the red light district than here!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank LinnieB1706
Reviewed April 30, 2014

my room was horrible, really dirty. Linen dirty, dirty walls and nuts walls. Would not recommend this Hotel to anyone. The bathroom was flooded after the first bath. The breakfast is very expensive and not made ​​you want to try. It had a refrigerator but not worked. The floor was littered with garbage, it seemed that not cleaned the room the previous guest. that horrible experience, I tried to not go there almost no time, just sleep.

Room Tip: Quadruple for 4 persons
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
1  Thank Helder L
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Nothing special to say. It is just average place to stay in Amsterdam if you have no other options at the moment. However, location is excellent. I am not really sure, I would like to stay at the hotel one more time.

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Going for a city break, I'm not usually bothered about where I stay so long as it is clean, comfortable and in a good location. This hotel is located within walking distance of everything you would need and makes it easy to get around Amsterdam. Unfortunately that's the only good thing I have to say about this place.

The hotel is above a 24 hour kebab shop (no problem), however most of the staff we encountered seemed to have no interest or knowledge of the hotel at all. There was building work going on as we were there ('painting' apparently, although it needs more than a lick of paint!), so a member of staff had to let us in through a side door which was annoying. Being woken up from 7:30 by building work was also a pain.

The room, well... Looked ok at first, until you actually go to use something. Fancy flat screen TV on wall, just a shame it has no aerial and the plug doesn't reach any socket! Nowhere to hang clothes. The bathroom looked newly decorated, however the toilet seat didn't fit the toilet and there was only one plug in the bathroom, covered in sealant so no plug could fit in it. It was more like a wet room where everything gets flooded when you have a shower. The most disgusting thing was the cleanliness. Blonde long hairs on the floor, hair clips on the floor (?), dust everywhere. The room wasn't cleaned once in four days, nor did we ever see a cleaner go into other rooms. We had the same towels and bedding this entire time.

Breakfast was OK. Just two slices of bread (I think it was supposed to be toast), one slice of ham and cheese, a fried egg and jam with coffee or tea. Nothing to shout home about but enough to put us on.

The hotel asks for a 10 Euro deposit too, which we didn't see when booking.

Since we have returned home, both me and my friend who was staying with me in the room have developed nasty bites on our bodies. Not sure if it's bed bugs but its enough to make me write this review and vow never to stay here again!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 25. Avoid!