Lowest prices for your stay
eDreams
$192
View deal
Free cancellation until 10/30/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
$167
View deal
Free cancellation until 10/24/21
Hotels.com$192
Priceline$191
Travelocity$192
All reviews boutique hotel air con big shower bathroom sink comfy bed walked everywhere enjoyable stay city centre leidseplein canal europe
Selected filters
Reviewed September 4, 2016

I stayed at No. 377 House for three nights, and I very much enjoyed my stay. Even before arriving in Amsterdam, the reception was very patient and diligent in ironing out some issues I had with my booking, so I knew the stay was going to be good.
I booked a single room with a canal view at about $105 a night, which seems fairly reasonable for Amsterdam. The room I stayed in (101) is very small, with just enough room to move around. I expected this and, other than having to side step my luggage, enjoyed being in the compact room. The bathroom is also small, but not unmanageable.

My favorite thing about the room was the bed. It was extremely comfortable—many might find it too soft, but I found it heavenly after a long day of walking. The sheets and mattress were very clean. The hotel provides three Nespresso pods, three cold sodas (Fanta, Coke, Sprite), a bottle of water, a kit kat bar, and various teabags for your enjoyment without any extra charges, which was very nice. It was so great to be able to grab the bottle of water before heading out for a long day of sight seeing. There was also a large TV in my room and a self-controlled A/C, which worked very well.

There were also some not-so-great things about the room. Upon my thorough inspection of the room upon arrival, I found lots and lots of dust, especially between the bed and the wall and along the crown molding. There were some food crumbs on the floor and a considerable build up of debris in the drawers beneath the bed. I also found a large, live silverfish in one of these drawers, but I didn’t see any more during my stay—I wasn’t bothered by this, as this is bound to occasionally happen being so close to the canal and is not something the hotel can really control, but it’s worth mentioning. The bathroom also smelled horrible—like mildew and old pipes—but it was clean. However, given the small size of the room, people who are sensitive to smells may not be able to disregard this. Lastly, the air-conditioning, which is directly above the head of the bed, dripped on me a couple of times each night. Also, be prepared to pay upon check-in, though if you ask to see the room before hand they will happily oblige.

The rest of the hotel is nicely maintained. The nature of the building means there isn’t much space for the reception desk, but they make do! The stairs up to the first floor are very, very steep—almost vertical, but there is a small elevator

The hotel was a little difficult to find upon arrival to the Leidsplein tram stop, so I would recommend printing its location on Google Maps before you go. Once you find it, however, I thought the location was quite good. You can be virtually anywhere you need to be in 30 minutes on foot, and it only took about 15-20 minutes walking to get to the Rijksmuseum/Van Gogh Museum area, the Anne Frank House, and the Jordaan area. The hotel is on a relatively busy street, but I had no trouble sleeping—if you do, the hotel kindly provides earplugs in the bathroom.

Lastly, Yarima and Garvey were both excellent.

I would happily stay at No. 377 House next time I’m in Amsterdam.

Room tip: 101 is very small with a smelly bathroom. If you disregard these two things, it's very comfortable and has a nice view of the canal.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank LindsayRoseEliz
Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

This hotel is a great find! It's a boutique hotel, so it's very unique. The staff are friendly and multilingual, the breakfast is delicious and partly made to order, and the location can't be beat with the price. We walked from the hotel to Vondel Park, the Anne Frank House, the museum square, and Albert Cuyp market. We are healthy and young, but it was never a hard or too long of a walk. You can't go wrong with the hotel! The only con is the street noise, but they provide ear plugs and it's not that bad. We didn't use the plugs and slept fine, but it is something to consider. Happy travels!

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2016

Hotel is located nearby the Leidseplein. This is a great place for eating. The tram also stops here. The hotel is very beautiful. Upon entry the staff were very inviting and warm.
The room was spacious and has a amazing view. I can really recommend the deluxe room. You pay a bit more, but it is worth it. Complimentary drinks and coffee in the room and is getting refilled every day. As we booked at their website, we got also a free late check out.
The breakfast was very nice. They make eggs but you can also request dutch pancakes.
We would definitely be back in the future.

Room tip: Book a deluxe room
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2016

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in late April and loved our stay here. The room we had was small, but we didn't come to Amsterdam to hang out in the hotel room all day, so it didn't bother us at all. The view from the room was beautiful though as it overlooked the canal. The staff were super helpful and when we arrived before check in, they got our room ready quickly so we could freshen up before heading out for sightseeing. They also booked us a taxi ahead of time to take us to the train station when we departed, since it was early and would be before a receptionist would be on sight. It's a nice walk to nearby Leidesplein and the Rijksmuseum. All other sights are within walking distance as well (though a bit longer of walk required).The breakfast was really good and had a good variety of food including fresh made poffertjes.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2016 via mobile

Stayed for two nights, we arrived late around 1030pm and we're quickly assisted by a very friendly guy who took us to our room on the top floor (room 402 comfort with view)..... lovely decor, I noticed a poor review about this particular room but we completely disagree with it. The bed was absolutely SUPERB. I even lifted it up to note down the make so I can maybe buy myself one at home! (Coco mat) ..... views were good overlooking the canal. The rooms have a funky electronic touch pad inside to press things like 'do not disturb' which then highlights the panel outside (see photo of one room we took) ... There can be noise at night even with the windows shut, sounds like they're aren't fully shut but still we slept absolutely fine. Bed was so comfortable we missed breakfast by 10mins! Came down at 1040 when breakfast finishes at 1030. But we thankfully had breakfast made for us anyway (scrambled eggs and bacon), customer service throughout was fantastic. The area itself is really nice, nearest and actually our favourite coffee shop in Dam is called ROOKIES. Well worth a visit Europe 10mins walk away. Hard Rock Cafe is also around 10mins, nice area to have something to eat where the large casino is based. Walking to the red light district takes around 15 to 20 mins. There's no direct route but it's easy enough to find going in a zig zag shape in a north east direction. And we walked to and from Centraal Station which took around 25 to 30mins. The only negative is that long walk to the main areas of Dam, and perhaps I'd choose a hotel more centrally located but I've a feeling they will never be as nice overall as this one. Thanks very much for your hospitality.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple