“Nice surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Cafe Corner House
Ranked #137 of 364 Hotels in Amsterdam
“Nice surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

I booked a room for 4 persons only one day before going. I was afraid because it was the first time I booked by internet a room and I have to be sincere, I am really surprise. We arrive at 4 am and we have welcomed by the watcher. He wasn't really nice but I understand it was the night.
When we saw the room, we were so happy because beds are really comfortable, decoration is sober (white, black and grey).
About the Bathroom I was a little disappointed by the first because the door was in glass and it wasn't possible to lock it. But we moved and the second was really amazing with an venitian shower (black) and bricks !
The breakfast is a little to simple for me (bread, butter, coffee/tea, strawberry, cheese and orange juice).

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
      Location
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I would definitely recommend this hotel!
Not only because of great location, service and prices, but most of all because of great staff!
They are really helpful, friendly and they made my first time in Amsterdam special. Great experience.
Special thanks to Marek who runs that place, he is a star. Told me which places should I visit, even took for a small tour after his working hours. He was like a friend couldn't imagine I just met him.
Definitely will come back!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
      Rooms
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Ok so I didn't stay in august as trip advisor states but I have stayed in this hotel 3 times and am staying again in October, I have stayed in four other hotels in Amsterdam and once I found this place I haven't tried anywere else anyway to the review and what sold it for me, I'll start by saying the staff are very friendly and the rooms are very clean we arrive before check in time and the staff were happy to put our luggage down stairs well we visited coffee shops, there is a restaurant either down stairs or next door depending on what room your in, the restaurant it's self is really nice I'd rather eat there than half the places in amsterdam, now hears what sold it for me and if your going for a smoke I'm sure it will sell it to you, you walk out the door turn left walk 50 yards and your at barracuda coffee shop if you turn right instead and walk 2 mins your at a different coffee shop it's close to everything 5 mins away from redlight district, just over the road n down a street and your at central station it really is the best posable location weather you want to see the lights n bars n clubs or just want a quite smoke this is the place for you trust me you will love it

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Daniel B
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Wasn't sure what to expect when we got here but this little gem has so many hidden surprises mordern rooms in the new wing especially! The staff Rachel, Marek were just brilliant great vibes good times the staris are a bit of a workout but the choclate banana pancakes and dark beer is awesome.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

A group of 4 of us stayed at the hotel and had a fantastic trip. Staff were helpful and plesant, rooms were clean, tidy and comfortable. The food was nice.

A lot cheaper than other hotels near by but doesn't compromise the service provided.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Joe E
Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Pros:

The location was excelent (within 1 min walk of Dam Square), the beds soft and the bathroom clean with a great shower. The Corner House cafe that was attached to the rooms was a great place for a drink and something to eat.

Cons:

It was advertised as having WiFi but we found this could only be accessed in the cafe or just as you walk in the main front door of the building. The stairs up to our room were very steep and narrow and the hand rail started too low down. Our group of 4 girls (20-30yo) found them quick tricky with suitcases. We also found we had to use quite a bit of force to open the front door.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

My parents and I had dinner here once this week during a 5 day visit to Amsterdam. Food was OK but the food was expensive, the service was terribly slow and the restaurant was extremely noisy. Don't recommend at all.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family