“Do this on the first night”

Randy Roy's Redlight Tours
Ranked #79 of 380 Tours in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Owner description: A lively, eye-popping,1 1/2 - hour walking tour of the Red Light District, conducted by a long-time Amsterdam resident! Sorry, no tours Dec.- Feb!
Perth, Australia
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Do this on the first night”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Wish we did this on the first night. Kimberley started near the central station and walked us through from there into the red light district.

It was funny and tactful. We felt safe and were pleasantly surprised at the lack of sleaze that the tour had. She pointed out places to see and stay away from, both in and out of the redlight district. And the drink at the end was in a really nice quaint place so we could all tall about what we saw.

If you're going to tour the redlight, do it with this one. Funny and tasteful.

1 Thank AdzynR

• Polish first
Orlando, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Redlight Tour”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Ive been to Amsterdam several times and I LOVE this city. This is by far the most fun, informative ,funny and silly tour. Our guide was amazing and even hung out and grabbed a few drinks with us. This was by far my most favorite tour in Europe.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank John M
Columbus, Ohio
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Interesting Adventure”
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Everyone's reviews below mine hit this on the head. She taught us about the sex industry in Amsterdam as well as the customs that take place while finishing up with a free drink at a bar. This was worth is as my girlfriend and I would not have felt safe in some of the back alleyways in the RLD, so all in all the tour is worth it.

2 Thank bobo0404
Hamburg, Germany
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Informative & eye-opening!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to book onto this tour based on the Trip Advisor reviews. Booking was done by email and was fast and efficient. We met Randy Roy aka Kimberly outside the Victoria Hotel by Central Station - we had been stuck in traffic but she was kind enough to wait for us. Kimberly had a great sense of humour and had a good knowledge of the area - I definitely recommend booking a tour to see the RLD because some of it is a bit confusing (lots of narrow streets) and she explained to us the different areas that cater for different tastes and also a bit about the sex industry in Holland. I feel I got a lot more out of seeing the area with Kimberly's explanations than I would have done if I'd just wondered around myself.

The RLD itself is definitely worth seeing, because it is so unlike anywhere else you would see in Europe. That said, I did find it pretty sad that these beautiful girls were selling themselves so openly - and the clientele left a lot to be desired!

The tour ended with drinks with the group in an old bar which was a nice way to round off the tour. Highly recommended!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Plum378
Dothan, Alabama
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“You won't regret it.”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

This was a very informative and informal tour. Not a lot of rules. Ask any questions you want and you will get a frank up front answer. Guide was great. Drinks at end in a historic cafe topped off evening.

Visited April 2013