“entertaining and informative”

Randy Roy's Redlight Tours
Ranked #95 of 424 Tours in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Owner description: A lively, eye-popping,1 1/2 - hour walking tour of the Red Light District, conducted by a long-time Amsterdam resident! Sorry, no tours Dec.- Feb!
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Kimberley did a great job of showing us around the Red Light District, giving us back ground and entertaining stories. We would not have been able to learn about the area if we had just wandered around alone. She was funny and comfortable with the subject matter. At the end of the tour we went to an old bar and she bought us all a drink and we chatted for awhile -- asking questions about life in the area. I highly recommend this tour!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband, 18-year-old son and I decided to do Randy's tour and we are really glad we did. She was fun, interesting, gave us lots of history (and not just on the RLD), and showed us many parts and places we either wouldn't have found or wouldn't have been comfortable seeing without a group.

Originally, we were going to do this on our own. We were glad we didn't as you see so much more and we wouldn't have felt safe or comfortable without the group. Plus, we ended the tour having a drink in a local bar with everyone.

It was a really good tour!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I had thought that the red light district was only a couple of blocks long prior to this tour. It is enormous! We kept going for blocks and blocks and got see all sorts of different areas. There are evidently sections for African or Caribbean or Eastern European or Asian girls. There are sections for male prostitutes or shemale (Thai boys) prostitutes. There are theaters for live sex acts or little booths where you can see acts in the center or watch people on the other side. There are peep shows and sex toy shops.
The standard rate was 50euro/15 minutes - just for straight sex. If you wanted any 'exotic' you would have to negotiate the added rate.
In all this was the most comprehensive tour I ever could have expected. :)

1  Thank laurelhollow
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Was hesitant to take my 17 and 19 year old boys with me. It was great and fun. They had a great time as well , no embarrassment , just education , fun. My boys said it was great as well. Henry our guide was knowledgeable and personable. He was the best.

2  Thank Worldtraver2013
Reviewed June 27, 2013

So funny, i dont think she meant to be. a group of 5 of us plus an elderly couple. she knew her info and we drank in a natzi bar. good times. not worth what you pay.
(2012)