Nova Apartments Amsterdam
NH Hotels
Ambassade Hotel(Amsterdam)
$248
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $284/night.

Lloyd Hotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$104
$351
  • Restaurant
All reviewsconcert hallnice apartmentminute walkbasement apartmentkitchenette areatowels changed every dayeasy commutequiet streetgreat locationlarge supermarketwell equipped kitchenstove topmuseum districtthe upper floorsnon smokingbeds were comfortableyour luggage
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights in a room on the second floor. The hotel is located in Museumplein, close to several art museums and in a quiet street. It was nice to get away from the hustle and bustle. I felt safe despite no reception. The room is great - big, quiet, comfy beds and gets cleaned daily. Take bus 197 from airport to Museumplein. It's €5 each way. Take a right on Van Baerlestraat and then a right on Nicolaas Maestraat. It's a 5 minute walk from the stop. Trams are really close by, too. The only thing to note is A/C. Not sure the rooms have it so check if you come during summer. We didn't need it as the weather was pleasant and there was a fan. I would stay here again. It was fantastic!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Bruna S
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We stayed a weekend in this Apartments and had the best sleep ever!! Nice and clean Apartment on the ground floor(basement if I could Call it that way) Neat Kitchen exceptionally wonderful reception (by a caretaker) and a helpful desk. I prepared Our breakfast at Our own convenience. Very quite recidential area. Takes around 14 minutes to wald to Central Amsterdam. I will choose this hotel again - and again!!

Room Tip: I might try the other floors Next time but honestly I would not be bothered. A very quite area and neat room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dan N
Reviewed May 18, 2014

The apartments are very well located for visiting Rejks museum, Van Gogh museum, mosern art museum and Concert Gebauw. Clean, well furnished, fresh. I had only one problem - total idiot at the reception, now the reception is not at the property, it is 10 km away. You connect to the reception by ringing the bell next to the entrance door.

Unfortunately for me the person who answered my call could not find my fully prepaid reservation. This type of things happen, but this one did not want to make an effort to investigate the issue, just kept telling me to go away because he had no record of my reservation and the property was sold out, he refused to buzz me into the lobby. Finally another guest came out and let me in, then I found inside an envelope with my name and the keys to the apartment. So it all ended well. I did call from the road few hours earlier to tell the property exactly when I am coming and confirmed the details so that must have helped to prepare an envelope for me, but when you run into a receptionist who is really indifferent to the fact that he is sending out on the street without a place to stay after you paid for it, there are not many things you can do to secure your stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank indep_travel
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I loved the location. It's on a quiet, tree-lined street. The windows are beautiful and look out upon the trees. The apartment we rented (2nd floor) had a giant tulip painting on the wall that instantly gives you the feeling that you are in Holland. The other decor and amenities were equally pleasing. It just has a good "feel" to it, and I was comfortable immediately.

It's also nice having easy access to the hotel staff which is not always so convenient when renting apartments. For instance, we asked if they could arrange a taxi for us on our departure day, and the hotel front desk staff took care of it for us.

For groceries, the closest big store is the Albert Heijn -- a 5-10 minute walk -- at the Museumplein (lower level of Stedelijk Museum).

In terms of the floorplan, the only drawback is that the bedroom area is separated from the living space by only a partial wall -- not a separate room. Oh well, I guess we can't become too comfy or we'd never return home, right?

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mf-sandiego
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Comfortable apartment, conveniently located. If you are coming from the airport, you may reach it by taking bus 197 which stops at Museumplein. Get off when you see the concert hall. From the bus stop it is a very short walk to the apartment. Therefore it is easy to get back to the hotel, go to Keukenhof, etc. However, as it is not near the canals, it does not feel like you are in Amsterdam. As a personal preference, being a tourist I would prefer to stay near the canals and enjoy the charms of being in Amsterdam. The room is clean, bed comfortable, no complains, really.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple