All reviews happy hooker living room interesting hosts comfortable place to stay city centre cold cuts comfortable room five minute walk three nights van gogh museum nice stay visit amsterdam chalet goliath driveway tram fridge
Reviewed February 16, 2015

Nice place, very quiet, with good possibilities to reach the city-centre anytime. Very good atmosphere and recommended to only French-speaking tourists because Xaviera fluently speaks French. German is also a good possible way of communication.

Date of stay: February 2015
Reviewed January 6, 2015

Excellant personal service with very friendly owners on site, Xaviera and her spouse are a very interesting couple and where a delight to spend time with in the evenings.
Great breakfast and a very comfy bed, definitely going back next year

Room tip: ask for the chalet in the back garden
Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Mark J
Reviewed November 30, 2014 via mobile

I grew up in Canada just north of Toronto. Around 1972 or so I got hold of the book "the happy hooker" since I was 13 or 14 years old it became my nightly companion. I couldn't believe my boyhood heroin was operating b&bs in Denmark and Spain. I told my wife about my first boyhood love and that we were staying at her house in Amsterdam. Well she is everything I imagined and more. I feel so fortunate to have met in person a great woman.What a wonderful experience it was. My wife loved her as well, I went to bed and they stayed up and chatted. Xavier and Phillip are wonderful hosts. I had a good time hanging out with Phillip, he's a great guy and very very helpful directing us to the spots in Amsterdam. We are planning to stay with them again in Spain in December. We are looking forward to seeing our good friends again.

Date of stay: November 2014
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2014

Xaviera Hollander's Happy House referred me to the wonderful Sleep at Amy's on Harlemmerdijk. I was greeted at the door by a lovely man named Gordon, who allowed me to pay a few days early so my boyfriend could arrive early Monday morning and get straight in to the room while I was still at work. We were provided with a variety of fresh pastries and juices every morning, the room was vaccuumed daily, everything was spotless and cozy. Gordon was pleasant and attended to our every need. We had coffee and tea as well as plates, bowls, and cutlery provided in the room. The location was ideal, very central. I will be there again and recommend it to everyone coming to Amsterdam!

Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Enjoyed every minute of my trip to Amsterdam, great accessible place for me to stay as I have a disability.. Close to great shopping area & market.. Dam square not to far either.. 10 out of 10 from us.. Would definitely stay again & look forward to trying out the happy villa in Spain.. Fantastic & very interesting hosts & look forward to seeing them again..

Date of stay: August 2014