Priceline
Mark J
Albufeira, Portugal

The happy house

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jan 6, 2015
Excellant personal service with very friendly owners on site, Xaviera and her spouse are a very interesting couple and where a delight to spend time with in the evenings.
Great breakfast and a very comfy bed, definitely going back next year
Date of stay: September 2014
Room Tip: ask for the chalet in the back garden
Trip type: Traveled on business
    $102
    $105
1.4 miles from Xaviera Hollander's Happy House BB
View more hotels in Amsterdam
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 30, 2014 via mobile

I grew up in Canada just north of Toronto. Around 1972 or so I got hold of the book "the happy hooker" since I was 13 or 14 years old it became my nightly companion. I couldn't believe my boyhood heroin was operating b&bs in Denmark and Spain. I told my wife about my first boyhood love and that we were staying at her house in Amsterdam. Well she is everything I imagined and more. I feel so fortunate to have met in person a great woman.What a wonderful experience it was. My wife loved her as well, I went to bed and they stayed up and chatted. Xavier and Phillip are wonderful hosts. I had a good time hanging out with Phillip, he's a great guy and very very helpful directing us to the spots in Amsterdam. We are planning to stay with them again in Spain in December. We are looking forward to seeing our good friends again.

Date of stay: November 2014
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2014

Xaviera Hollander's Happy House referred me to the wonderful Sleep at Amy's on Harlemmerdijk. I was greeted at the door by a lovely man named Gordon, who allowed me to pay a few days early so my boyfriend could arrive early Monday morning and get straight in to the room while I was still at work. We were provided with a variety of fresh pastries and juices every morning, the room was vaccuumed daily, everything was spotless and cozy. Gordon was pleasant and attended to our every need. We had coffee and tea as well as plates, bowls, and cutlery provided in the room. The location was ideal, very central. I will be there again and recommend it to everyone coming to Amsterdam!

Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Enjoyed every minute of my trip to Amsterdam, great accessible place for me to stay as I have a disability.. Close to great shopping area & market.. Dam square not to far either.. 10 out of 10 from us.. Would definitely stay again & look forward to trying out the happy villa in Spain.. Fantastic & very interesting hosts & look forward to seeing them again.. 😀

Date of stay: August 2014
Reviewed July 11, 2014

perfect atmosphere, nice people who can tell you everything about everything you want to visit, very good breakfast. let the 200 signs here go to you know where.........................................

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Five of us stayed in the 5 beds-room for three nights. This b&b is easy to find and the living environment is generally good. Xaviera & Philip are very nice hosts and we had a warm stay in their house.

Date of stay: July 2014