WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #177 of 362 Hotels in Amsterdam
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
“Good Selection”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

My family and I stayed here recently. I thought this hotel was a very good value. It was in a great location between the museum district and the Leidsesquare. The public trolley system was nearby and there was a ticket office near the Liedsessquare. Also, within a short walk was a great selection of restaurants and shops. The Van Gogh museum was a 10-15 minute walk, as was the Rijksmuseum. The only real negative was the breakfast; just so-so and definitely not worth the price. However, there are a few very good pancake restaurants (Dutch pancakes) that are a short walk away. The staff was very nice and the room nice by European size standards.

1 Thank David A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Millingen aan de Rijn, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

Good service with friendly and helpful staff. They will book tickets to museums etc for you. Small but nice rooms in a great location. Hotel is clean but needs updating such as new carpets, wallpaper.

Somerset, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

While the rooms itself may "seem" minimal on the surface, when you're a visitor in a different country your primary reason for being there isn't to be a hotel inspector. For me the best part was the staff. From the moment I was greeted by Martine and the young lady working with her that afternoon (forgive me, her name escapes me at this time. I'm sorry) I had and enjoyable stay. I arrived on Monday the 6th at about 1pm or so, I was so exhausted from being up early that Sunday morning and my overnight flight in from New Jersey, and Martine could see it. She made it possible to get a room as soon as I got there, but to make matters a little worse I became a slight P.I.T.A because my initial room didn't have a tub, (I don't know about anybody else but I needs my tub, yes I know I said "needs") and she made it happen for me......awesome!!!
Second thing that impressed me was the very relaxed, yet ever professional mannerism of the staff I encountered, case in point, Koen. I initially went to the front desk to inquire about/pay for a possible phone charge to my bill and ended up talking to Koen for well over and hour. All the while during this conversation about culture, work, family, what the capital of Amsterdam was and that Nelson Mandela "guy" (you had to be there to understand what those last two were about), Koen continued to do his job of checking people in, answering questions and accommodating fussy clientele in a very professional and respectful manner, even if some of the clients weren't as respectful...... or bright.
While it did take me a bit of an effort to find it, considering it wasn't in plain view or advertised as well as the other surrounding hotels and no one I asked could tell me where it was, it was still a good location for walks around very beautiful neighborhoods and within walking distant to local pubs, shops, transportation, and entertainment. But as I've stated before, the very best part was the staff. The attentiveness that they give to their customers is great,(oh and thank you to the bar manager for the peanuts). Martine even recognized me on the morning I left standing at the bus stop and said goodbye as she rode her bike in on her way to work.
I just want to say "Thank you" to the entire staff and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Ly M
Pretoria, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

We were there twice in the past 2 weeks. The hotel is conveniently located about 5 min walk from Leidseplein, the bus connection to the airport and the many trams that cross through Amsterdam.

The room was comfortable and had both a shower and a bath. The hotel provided towels and toiletries. There was also a kettle with coffee and tea in the room. Everything was clean and neat. The staff was friendly and helpful. Although they serve breakfast at an additional cost, we never had breakfast there. We had internet access in the room which was very convenient.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Optifin
Durban, South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed at this hotel in Dec 2013. It is very nicely located, being close to the hop on hop off bus terminal, trams and Leidse Square. There were 3 of us and we had booked a triple room. We expected a double bed and a single, instead we got 3 single beds. There were damp patches in 2 corners of one wall and this caused a bit of a damp smell in the room especially when we first walked in. The bathroom was fine with adequate water pressure although the wash basin was tiny. The hotel does need a bit of a revamp. I am not sure what the other rooms are like. On the plus side the staff is extremely friendly and helpful like most of the people in Amsterdam! The dining room was cosy with a good breakfast selection. They were kind enough to to store our bags after checkout as we had an evening flight. Except for the few minor issues which I mentioned, it is a fairly decent hotel.

Room Tip: If you are booking a triple room make sure you request your sleeping arrangements upfront ie. 3 sing...
1 Thank moki786
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Not expensive, very cozy and just a few minutes walk from the leidspleine straße, which offers bars and restaurants and shops.
The staff is nice (like most people in Amsterdam) and will help you with whatever you need.
I don't know if the hotel offers breakfast, but we preferred to have a different kind if breakfast every morning in one of the local cafés.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Antonina B
Falkirk, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

Just stayed for Two nights. Hotel is clean and quiet. The staff are very helpful and friendly. Very close to Leidsplein square, which is great with its xmas theme and stalls. However, the hotel is a bit too far away from Dam square and the main buzz to walk all the time. Trams are very regular and cheap, so not a major problem.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple