“convenient location and reasonable price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Leonardo Hotel Amsterdam City Center

Leonardo Hotel Amsterdam City Center
Ranked #167 of 363 Hotels in Amsterdam
Tokyo, Japan
“convenient location and reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

It takes about 35 minutes by bus number 197 from Schiphol.
Charge 4 euros.
Get off at the Leidseplein, the hotel is a 3-4 minute walk from Leidseplein.
Also it is within walking distance to the Rijksmuseum, maybe 500 meters.
I was assigned a quiet room on the 5th floor with a bathtub as my request.
Room size was not so bad.
As a result of reservations directly with the hotel website, breakfast was complimentary.
Internet access is good.
The reasonable price was a one of my deciding factor as it was time hotel price was high.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 1100PlumGrove

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Dorset
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

The hotel is only a very short walk from the Leidseplein bus stop for the 197 to/from the airport, and close to the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum etc as well as lots of places to eat and drink. The staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel needs a good freshen up but is OK. Our room was an odd shape because of the way the conversion of the old houses had been carried out but was comfortable enough. We did not bother with breakfast, which we thought expensive for what we wanted, but there was a kettle etc in the room. There is an excellent Croissanterie half way up Leidsestraat, which supplied one breakfast and a tasty afternoon snack on another day.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WessexWanderer
Horsham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We stayed here for two nights in late October.

Location is great Leidse Square is full of lovely restaurants and nightlife and the hotel was situated just behind the Mariott.

The staff were very friendly and competent and helped us with various enquiries we had. Our room was bigger than I had anticipated having read people complaining about the room being small!. The bed was comfortable and the two huge pillows were perfect for me. All in all the room was functional and the bathroom was basic but all in good working order.

We paid 10 euro's for the breakfast which was varied and scrummy. Bacon, eggs, bread, cheeses with lovely coffee. Have paid £15 for breakfast at a hotel before so didn't think it was that expensive.

I would definitely stay here again- lovely walk into Amsterdam, about 25 minutes from central station or a 10 minute tram ride away. Amsterdam is a lovely city and look forward to returning!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gavandstace
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights, travelled in a party of 10. Great location for leidse square, and other parts of Amsterdam are in walking distance. It's a bit of a nightmare walking around and crossing the roads- priority goes to bikes first, then trams, then cars then people. Just be quick about crossing and keep your whits about you!
Breakfast in the hotel was ok, only booked it for one morning and we ate out the other morning.
Rooms are clean, beds were comfy, overall good value for money and helpful staff.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank kirste24
Glasgow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel, and I was disappointed. I had read the reviews and expected better. I was on my own, but booked to stay in a double room. Yes my room could be described as double in that it had a double bed, but it was tiny and cramped. I do not know how 2 people would find it. I like space to move around just like anybody else. Plus the room was dark. I looked on to another building. As I knew I would not be arriving until 7:30pm, I had emailed early that morning requesting a quiet room,at the back, looking on to the garden. On arrival I found out the message had not been passed on. The room was clean, but badly in need a lick of paint (walls are dirty), and the carpet was stained. The first 2 nights of my stay I had to wait until next doors TV went off before I could go to sleep. Breakfast was the usual basic stuff, with very poor coffee. I only had breakfast once as I found the dining room a depressing,drab place to sit. It needs to be decorated and brightened up.
My last gripe would be the attitude of the reception staff. When I was leaving they had been chatting to each other and merely continued to do so. No goodbye, and certailnly no "I hope you enjoyed your stay, or " have a good journey". They were just plain rude. I did not bother complaining while I was staying so that was not the reason.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Elaine018
Bradford, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Good location in Leidseplein, only 2 or 3 mins walk from Vondelpark and 10mins from the bars and restaurants. The decor is a little tired but we found this to be clean and tidy, and good value. The rooms were adequate and the staff friendly. This is the second time we have stayed in this hotel and would probably stay again if visiting Amsterdam in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends