Hotel Flipper
Hilton Amsterdam(Amsterdam)
$215
$188
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $209/night.

$261
Ambassade Hotel(Amsterdam)
$278
$256
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $304/night.

$905
$347
  • Restaurant
Hotel Van Gogh(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$132
$89
Hostelworld.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $107/night.

All reviewsroom was fairly cleanroom with single bedshour receptionbasic amenitiescleaned dailysmall roomperfect hoteltram linecentral stationdam squareensuitebikecafes
Reviewed November 12, 2013

in a city, where Hotels charge so much, I tought Flipper Hotel was a reasonably good priced deal. The room (single, with Bathroom on 3rd floor), was indeed small, and likewise the bathroom sink. It was a bit of a challenge to shave/brush teeth- but not a terrible burden as someone described. If you are planning to stay much in the room while in such a great town like Ámsterdam, perhaps you should book elsewhere. But if small is not a terrible issue, then you would think this hotel is OK or above. The personnel at the front desk are very helpful at all times. Location is also a plus!! I did not see any dirt or mold or lack of cleaningness in my room. on the contrary, it seemed well kept and new. TV was a bit sketchy...

Room Tip: staircase is small and a bit steep.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2013

The staff is warm, the room (for three persons) with private bathroom was okay, enough room and light, and clean all the time. Maybe the bed was a lit bit too small. Very close to the tram stop, less than 20min from the city center but there was not night services (if you want to hang out after midnight). We reserved the room one month before, 375euros for 3 persons for 4nights with breakfast included. However, if you want to buy extra food at the hotel is too expensive (5euros for a 2L bottle of water...)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 22, 2013

During the last weekend of September, My friend and I visited Amsterdam. Service at this hotel was good, but instead of getting 2 twin beds, we ended up getting one full bed in the smallest room ever. I'm giving an overall 2 because of service. With a little more we could do more room space, closer to the center, etc.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Barbacufa
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I chose this hotel with a friend based exclusively on price alone. We had a very tight budget for out 4 day trip to Amsterdam. After a very long (very very long) walk from the city centre with heavy cases we were glad to see the hotel. The staff on arrival (and throughout the trip) were very helpful in telling us quicker ways to get to and from central Amsterdam (the trams etc) Like many of the hotels I have used in Amsterdam, the obligatory gravity defying steep staircase was present. The hotel gave us a unique view of Amsterdam, being situated in a more residential area than central Amsterdam, me and my friend enjoyed seeing average Dutch people going about their daily grind. We also found the local attractions (coffeeshops/bars) much cheaper and full of friendly locals. The room was very clean and the maid was present every day. The bathroom was shared - which is never IDEAL - but sufficed for our needs. The other residents of the hotel were considerate in terms of noise and keeping the shared amenities clean. The vending machine in the lobby was always fully stocked with Strootwaffles - which I emptied every day after a long day in the coffeeshops of Amsterdam. The big big advantage of staying in the area (and the hotel) was the proximity to a Greenhouse Coffeeshop (any fans of that chain of coffee shops will appreciate this, as it has the same great products, just less expensive and a much quieter place to chill) Our room has huge french windows, which was very efficient for airing the room out (if you catch my drift fellow coffeeshop lovers..)
In summary, if your looking for a quiet/cheap hotel on the outskirts of the city centre, this is perfect for you.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ksmith91
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I found 3 flea on my bedsheet in the morning for the first night , I video and I kill them ( full of blood ). Afterward, I show to the staff and they promise to change to bedsheet. However , the same happen on the second day . I made a complaint and they change the room for me. After I return to my home country few days later, my body was full of insect bite mark and the rash is extremely itchy. Skin doctor said these are hypersensitivity reaction after a inset bite.

The hotel is not cheap and cost 100 to 160 Euro per night. You cant imagine that you pay such a high price and you have to "share facilities" , which mean share bathroom

I email the hotel for compensation of the doctor consultation fee and they said they will give me a discount next time. But I am not that crazy and stupid that I will return to this Hotel

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business