“fabulous, special and simply wonderful”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Boutique B&B Kamer01
Ranked #2 of 332 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Hannover, Germany
“fabulous, special and simply wonderful”
Reviewed April 22, 2010

Staying at Kamer01 was quite an experience. For our short trip to Amsterdam me and my boyfriend were looking for a special place to stay. And special we got indeed! Not only are the rooms beautifully decorated (great attention to detail!) but also absolutely clean. Wolter and Peter are adorable and you can tell the extraordinary effort they put into everything (incl. breakfast) really comes from their hearts. It is like staying with friends and I almost felt bad for not helping to prepare the breakfast. They are chatty, give insider tips, joke around and still remain discreet! We were surprised how central the B&B is. You can literally walk everywhere. We only took the train when we parked the car at the olympic stadium (Park and Ride) which I can only recommend if you arrive by car - this I was also told by Peter and Wolter by the way! Kamer01 is not the cheapest accommodation in Amsterdam but probably the most special and really worth every penny!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Hebrew first
london
Reviewed April 20, 2010

We stayed at the Kamer 01 over the Easter weekend and loved everything about it. The level of hospitality was just fantastic. Peter and Wolter could not have been more welcoming and their dog Tommie is completely adorable. It rained for almost the whole weekend and we spent quite a lot of time indoors but it didn't matter - the B&B is decorated to an extremely high level. Peter is an incredibly talent interior designer and the rooms and common parts are stunning. The bathrooms are particularly stylish.
Breakfast was lovely - just the right amount of meat, cheese, fruit and pastries. Peter and Wolter also gave great restaurant and sightseeing recommendations.
I'd never stay anywhere else in Amsterdam again!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Worcester, UK
Reviewed March 29, 2010

The owners of this B&B have created the perfect Amsterdam oasis. Their home is a beautifully stylish 16th century canalside house in the centre of Amsterdam, with the narrowest, steepest, most intriguing staircase ever! The location couldn't be any better nor could the overall experience. With just 2 rooms, Peter and Wolter have successfully managed to strike the right balance creating a charming blend of friendly hospitality and 5* service. It certainly bears no relation to the 'old school' approach to B&B's! The breakfasts are beautiful, the rooms stunning and Peter and Wolter are really friendly, helpful and informative. They have thought about everything: from the 'help yourself' well stocked fridge of drinks and tray of goodies (chocolate, snacks, wine) left out for a late night snack through to a Mac with broadband and iTunes in the bedroom. Kamer01 knocks the socks of the competition including that offered by the 'luxury boutique hotel' market. I would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Bremen, Germany
Reviewed March 15, 2010

If you want to go really loco in Amsterdam, go and stay with Peter and Wolter. Best location, super view from room and breakfast table, sweet hosts and excellent breakfast. I wondered whether I should recommend it - danger is that too many of you go and next time I want to visit everything is booked... However, we enjoyed ourselves, and even cold weather did not matter -you could just sit, enjoy breakfast, and go out to explore the city just a little later. Rooms are also of a very high standard, and tastefully decorated. What was the name of those wonderful bright red flowers??

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Utrecht
Reviewed January 11, 2010

This january, I went to the new Bed and Breakfest kamer01 on the singel in Amsterdam. I knew the previous bed and breakfest from an earlier visit, and I then thought it was great. When I searched for their website, I found that they opened a new bed and breakfest on the singel. I wanted to see myself if this could be even better than the previous one. Nothing was more true.

We arrived at about 4 PM, welcomed by Peter and Wolter with delicious snacks and some great drinks. We asked them where we could eat this evening, and they had a various offer of different great restaurants. We picked an Italian restaurant, which was absolutely fine.
We told them we wanted to see a movie in a cinema that night, and they told us about different movies and cinemas. We picked a film and a cinema en they made a reservation for us.
Before we went to dinner, we went to our room. This room was very clean. In the room it smelled fresh, though it was comfortably heaten. At the background played beautiful piano music so me and my girlfriend felt comfortably really quick. Everything was very clean and beautiful. There was also a great panorama from our chamber. We slept in the blue chamber with the round bed. At first, I thought maybe that would be a litte uncomfortable, but it absoluty wasn't. It was even better than a square bed. My girlfriend also slept very good.
The next morning we woke up with a delicious breakfest. I asked the gentlemen to not give us a big breakfest, because my girlfriend wouldn't want a big breakfest anyway. They honoured our request by giving us some fruit at first, which was also very beautiful to see and delicious to eat. Then there were several warm croissants and some bread, different kinds of cheeses and meat, and different kinds of jam. I asked for an egg, which was no problem. I got some fresh juice also, which was very great.

The stay was great. It was absoluty clean, the location was very easy to find, in the middle of Amsterdam and very beautiful. The rooms were taken good care of, the service was awesome. I believe there is no better one than this in Amsterdam.

This is abolutely a must to be if you are in Amsterdam!!

Greetings,

Bart

PS. sorry for the bad english..

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bartdix
Ontario
Reviewed December 20, 2008

My wife and I stayed for 4 days at Kamer 01 in July 2008. We found the property better than advertised. Staying there is one of the best memories of our European vacation.
The Red Room was great, quite, clean with amenities better than any of the 4 star hotels that we stayed at while in Europe.
The breakfasts that were cooked to order by Walter complete with cappuccino, fresh fruit were delicious. Being able to go to the fridge at any time and grab a drink was nice, it's more like home and you don't get hit with a $4.00 charge for a bottle of water or a can of pop or beer. Music and DVD's in the room were great for those times when you just want to put your feet up.
Walter and Peter were great and very helpful with suggesting good places to eat and providing recommendations for places to visit and sites to see. Do yourself a favor, avoid another stay at yet another hotel, instead enjoy your stay at Kamer 01. It may cost a little more than the other B&B's in the area but there is a good reason why and it's worth every penny.

Mark and Cheryl from Woodstock, Ontario, Canada.

• Liked — Great rooms, service and value.
  • Disliked — stairs are steep
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Woodstock339
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed October 31, 2008

this was our third visit to kamer01 and every time we arrive there, it is ever so welcoming! peter and/or wolter will be waiting for us with their beloved tommie.

on our first visit to kamer01 in 2006, it was love at first sight! it's location, the place, from its entry/dining-lounge area to its room. as our personal preference, we always stay in the red room. it is total heaven in amsterdam! the color. the bathroom. the works! every detail in the room is so immaculate!!!

peter, wolter and tommie are super hosts! next to providing such a gorgeous and comfortable accommodation, they also guide us to interesting places and never fail to point out wonderful dining options. every day at kamer01, we begin with the most beautifully cut out fruit plate for breakfast. really, it's a work of art! the breakfast spread, scrumptious!

in general, just the place we want to be at, every time we are in amsterdam! so, if you are planning to visit amsterdam, don't think twice. you will definitely fall in love again! i mean, with the place.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank daBIGsmile